Lightsaber Tap Handles

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Inetwebguy

Reaction score
Through encouragement from some friends, I'm posting a photo of my tower tap handles.

533929_10151023513453345_740373344_13346077_530402000_n.jpg

Great looking handles now you just need some appropriate beers...
I submit for your consideration... "Darth Porter" and "Jed-IPA" ;)

you better send those to me...you might cut off your head when filling a mug. thanks for sharing! those are awesome! Id love to see a write up of how you made them!

165798457397044289754205344452.jpg

This is the weapon of a Jedi Knight. Not as clumsy or as random as a blaster, but an elegant weapon for a more civilized age.

Only two there shall be. A master and an apprentice. One to embody the power and the other to crave it.

Pretty sweet, though I shudder at the thought of dismantling two $100 replicas to make that.

Did I just star-wars-nerd out myself? I think I did.

p.s. I have the red one, and I've used it to chase the cat.

Thanks everyone for your comments! They were really quite easy to make. The handles are actually miniature replicas you can find on ebay for under $20 each.

Just do a search for ".45 lightsaber replicas"

The Anakin saber (on the right) I just used some JB Weld and a beer tap handle ferrule, you can get on Amazon for $5

The Darth Vader on the left was a little trickier where the bottom of the lightsaber actually needed to come off so the threads of the perlick tap would go up into the base of the lightsaber. (you'll have to use some "force" to get it to losen.)

Then I just took the chrome collar off of the Perlick tap and again JB Weld them together.

In hindsight, I could have used ferrules on both lightsabers, but I did Vader first and "assumed" the bottom would come off of the Anakin saber, but alas it did not. So I improvised.

All total I may have $45 in both handles. Well worth the conversation they produce. And, they're still removable if you decide to change 'em out for Yoda or Count Dooku. :)

“Hokey religions and ancient weapons are no match for a good blaster at your side, kid.”

But seriously that's pretty sweet lol. :mug:

This is the weapon of a Jedi Knight. Not as clumsy or as random as a blaster, but an elegant weapon for a more civilized age.

I remember thinking what a cool line this was. It was delivered so casually, I think a lot of people missed it. Nice. :eek:nestar::eek:nestar::eek:nestar:

They just need to make the sound, and have a blue led illuminate the beer as it is coming out. Then its perfect :)

Back