I want to trade for some mead!!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mike-H

Reaction score
I would like to brew mead, but I dont want to buy all the crap, spend 6 months brewing it and find out I dont like it. Would anyone be willing to "trade" me a bottle of mead? I will trade you a $20.00 gift certificate to austin homebrew.

I've got a whole bunch of Papazian's Prickly Pear Cactus Mead that is downright awesome. It had been bottle aging for about a month and a half now and has cleared beautifully. I'd be a bit concerned with churning up some sediment with shipment but it would clear up quickly. I actually haven't cracked a bottle in 2 or so weeks, they might be "sparking" by now. I also bottled a few still if you'd rather try it that way. Either way, I'd be happy to ship some over. I'd even take a swap instead of your Austin offer if you have any beers bottled up! Always looking to try other's goods!

I dont have any "bottles", but I could send you a growler full of beer, here's what I have available: Blue Moon (Ready now), AHS American IPA I (Might be a problem with that though, 1-2 weeks to age anyway), Arrogant Bastard (3 weeks), Amber Lager(2-3 weeks), Rasberry Wheat (5 weeks).

OR, even better, I will get you a few beers from our local microbrewery, they make some great, very strong beer if you want choose 3 or 4 styles and i'll get you some 22 ouncers!

http://middleagesbrewing.com/content/view/49/38/

If you like strong beers, check out the 10'th anniversary ale (10%, VERY good), Wailing Wench(8%), Kilt Tilter (8.5%)

Looks excellent. While I'd love to try some of your brew I bet the growler screw caps don't like to travel that much. A few of the local's would be awesome. I'll take a look over them in a few (my boss actually needs me to DO something?!?!?! WFT?!?) and I'll PM you to iron out the details. I can get the mead in the mail tomorrow if I can find a nice box! Standby!

Sounds good, I will be able to get out to the brewery in the next few days too. So yea, let me know which ones you want and give me your addy and i'll give you mine :)

I was nosing around through your posts and found this one from 2 months ago which I actually replied to :)

https://www.homebrewtalk.com/showthread.php?t=15040

I am really excited to try this mead! It sounds like you have a years worth of work into it!!!! I'm not sure I can wait that long but if its as good as you say it is I am definitly going to try it!

Yea, I'm pretty sure I did the boil for this mead LAST november. It stayed in the carboy through a 8 month homebrew lapse and finally found it's way to bottles.

I was unsure as to whether to bottle it still or prime it to get a sparkling product so I did both. Last I checked, them, the still was mostly cleared out but the ones I primed (with honey/water and some fresh champagne yeast) were a bit on the cloudy side. They've been boxed and bagged up in the basement and I've been trying my best to keep my paws off them! I'd do a test tonight to give you an update and I'll PM you the info and all.

BTW that microbrewery in your area looks pretty exciting. they've got quite an interesting lineup of beers......i'm going to have to do some narrowing down when i get home!!!

Well i'll send you about $20.00 of their beers in trade, should be about 3-4 22 ouncers (or a 6 pack of various and a 22 ouncer). I just called them and they only have about 6 of their beers in 22 ouncers, but I can mix and match any of the 12 ounce beers to make you a nice 6 pack. If you like IPA's you DEFINITLY have to get the 10'th anniversary beer. I'll for sure get you a 22 oz of that regardless of what you choose :) By the way, if you want more than what we are trading for dont hesitate to ask, i'll pick it up for you and you can just pay the difference. I love to support this place and they are growing pretty fast!

Sounds great to me. The 10th sounds like it comes highly recommended so the 22 of that sounds great. Also I'm intrigued by the Kilt Tilter, IPA, Syracyse, and the Apricot or Rasberry Ales. MMMMM need some beer with all this beer talk. I think 22 and a mix 6'er sounds great.

I've got the mead bottled up in liters and half liters - all flip tops. I'm pretty sure it was evenily split up (half still/half sparkling both bottle sizes) but I'll check tonight. Would a liter and half liter of each be a good trade? That way you could sample each in half liters and move in on the big guys when you had some help. (18% ABV you are a better man than I if you can down an entire liter yourself!!!!!) Stand by for address.....

That would be an excellent trade, more than enough! In fact, 2 - 1/2 liters would be good enough for me, so if you dont want to part with all 3 liters just send me 2-1/2's, I understand that you have a lot of time into this and it is probably hard to part with since you've been waiting so long!

I'm going to go to the brewery now as a matter of fact, so i'll ship it tomorrow!

Back