hop strainer

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That folded pyramid shape is something Bobby recently did a video "how to". I've seen a lot of tacos and quesadilla shaped ones but no other pyramids.
-Ben

Not if you're draining from your kettle to a plate chiller......

good point Scuba I will whip myself 10 times the next harvest moon... i do not have a plate chiller, but can fathom the disaster that would come about using the cheap stuff and following my advise, in this case of course.

Cheers, peace and all that shi$

Bobby- I just watched your video before seeing this thread....I thought for sure this was yours...

I wonder why someone would be getting rid of this?

I use mine with an immersion chiller. Works great so far. Tons of surface area. I would suggest at least 1oz of your hops be leaf, though. Mine caught almost all the cold break along with the hops, and if my dip tube had a better seal to the bulkhead (working on that) I would have left less wort behind, I lost the siphon strength at the very end. Mine is more of a flat 2 sheet design.
IMG_3260.JPG

Back