when is hop season?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

maboitan

Reaction score
all those hops my LHBS is out of, when should i expect them to be restocked? when does the season start/end?

Picking in Oregon & Washington started last month. Figure 2-3 months for the pipeline to fill.

if i were to buy in bulk, how would i want to store hops to use in the future? how long will they stay fresh?

if i were to buy in bulk, how would i want to store hops to use in the future? how long will they stay fresh?

If I'm ordering in pounds my vendor ships in one bag. So I weigh out 2 oz increments and put them in my vacuum sealer. I'll label the bags and store them in the freezer.

I've heard many different opinions on how long they will stay fresh.

yes, i grow my own pubes, er, pot, er, hops! yes, hops.

a friend of mine started growing last year. this year is the second season, and we tripled our amount, especially with hallertau and cascade. we also grew fuggle.

They are everyone's hops, but me being the head brewer, they're pretty much mine :D

This weekend we're making AT LEAST four beers with nothing but the homegrown hops. i'm making a german hefeweizen and a dunkelweizen using the hallertau, my friend is using a combination of hops for his wonderful coffee porter and we'll probably make a lager and a pale ale as well.

:rockin:

yes, i grow my own pubes, er, pot, er, hops! yes, hops.

a friend of mine started growing last year. this year is the second season, and we tripled our amount, especially with hallertau and cascade. we also grew fuggle.

They are everyone's hops, but me being the head brewer, they're pretty much mine :D

This weekend we're making AT LEAST four beers with nothing but the homegrown hops. i'm making a german hefeweizen and a dunkelweizen using the hallertau, my friend is using a combination of hops for his wonderful coffee porter and we'll probably make a lager and a pale ale as well.

:rockin:

Ok..I know I'm like new at this and all...but that was one of the coolest things I've ever read! :rockin: I now have a new goal to reach for. The bar is set a little higher. :mug:

Back