Punk Rock and Hardcore

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just stumbled on this thread and wanted to contribute my .02. Some of my favorite punk bands are The Dead Kennedy's, Minor Threat, Fugazi, 7 Seconds, Circle Jerks, GBH and Social Distortion.

Just stumbled on this thread and wanted to contribute my .02. Some of my favorite punk bands are The Dead Kennedy's, Minor Threat, Fugazi, 7 Seconds, Circle Jerks, GBH and Social Distortion.

Welcome to the thread. You've got some good choices there. I'm a huge fan of 7 Seconds.

for some reason, Fugazi always pissed me off. I really don't know why. it still does.

I was listening to the Anti-Nowhere League anthology a little while ago.

Billy-Klubb said:
for some reason, Fugazi always pissed me off. I really don't know why. it still does.

I was listening to the Anti-Nowhere League anthology a little while ago.

Maybe cause they're straight edge.
Any GG Allin fans?

Qhrumphf said:
There's actually been a fair amount of straight edge band love on this thread.

I never liked Fugazi (no problem with Minor Threat though), but i can't stand GG Allin

Yeah I notice some of the straight edge love but I didn't read all 50 something pages

A few sXe bands I like:

Casey Jones
Minor Threat
xLooking Forwardx
Strife

I'm sure there are more, but off the top of my head that's what I've got right now.

A few sXe bands I like:

Casey Jones
Minor Threat
xLooking Forwardx
Strife

I'm sure there are more, but off the top of my head that's what I've got right now.

I like Strife. Like Gorilla Biscuits and some of the older 7 Seconds. Champion and With Honor aren't bad. Throwdown had a decent song or two back in the day (pre-that ****e Haymaker album, haven't listened to em since). And I've always had a soft spot for Earth Crisis, still not sure why. I suppose I dig the whole youth crew style a little more than the metalcore.

I think I posted this already a while back, but I get a kick out of playing Earth Crisis while drinking a beer, smoking a cigarette, and eating a cheeseburger.

I like Strife. Like Gorilla Biscuits and some of the older 7 Seconds. Champion and With Honor aren't bad. Throwdown had a decent song or two back in the day (pre-that ****e Haymaker album, haven't listened to em since). And I've always had a soft spot for Earth Crisis, still not sure why. I suppose I dig the whole youth crew style a little more than the metalcore.

I think I posted this already a while back, but I get a kick out of playing Earth Crisis while drinking a beer, smoking a cigarette, and eating a cheeseburger.

See, there are more in your post that I even own CDs by and forgot about them. Gorilla Biscuits, 7 Seconds, Champion and With Honor are all awesome.

I get a kick out of brewing while listening to these bands.

I don't have any problem with sXe. I used to have a lot of sXe friends. I can't stand hardliner's though. as for GG, never liked him. my brother about acts like he was god. I did get a good laugh at the Hated video when he got the crap kicked out of him.

Johnny Ain't Coming home- 86'd

Entirely with you there.

I don't know if any of you are familiar with Courage Crew, but being from Southern Ohio I had to deal with those retards all of the time.

I was in a band called the Piss Drunk Wankers back in the late 90's. We couldn't stand most of the Courage Crew d-bags, so we started what we called Beer Edge. We actually got 3 or 4 other bands to start claiming Beer Edge and it went so far that I actually got a "bXe" tattoo on the inside of my bottom lip. :D

Heard of but never run into em. When i was in my teens in the PNW we had a real bonehead problem. Then when i moved to Jersey it was usually FSU causing problems. Always loved it when DMS put FSU in their place.

Heard of but never run into em. When i was in my teens in the PNW we had a real bonehead problem. Then when i moved to Jersey it was usually FSU causing problems. Always loved it when DMS put FSU in their place.

I've never dealt with FSU, but I'm familiar with them.

Billy-Klubb said:
I don't have any problem with sXe. I used to have a lot of sXe friends. I can't stand hardliner's though. as for GG, never liked him. my brother about acts like he was god. I did get a good laugh at the Hated video when he got the crap kicked out of him.

Johnny Ain't Coming home- 86'd

That video was funny as hell. I mostly like his older stuff when you could actually understand what he was saying and it wasn't too nuts. Most of the straightedge kids I hung out would come to parties and be the designated driver, no hard liners.

I moved to Vegas in '99, shortly after Dan & Spit were murdered. WP groups & ARA groups were moving in like mad. everyone was fighting everyone and each other. that was a rough 2 years.

Interesting thread :)

Currently my playlists for brew day is a mix of Aus Rotten, No Hope For The Kids, Bleeders and The Sods.

Looking forward to get inspired by this thread.

Interesting thread :)

Currently my playlists for brew day is a mix of Aus Rotten, No Hope For The Kids, Bleeders and The Sods.

Looking forward to get inspired by this thread.

Well, you've got 95 pages to go through...

By the way, welcome to the thread.

I just wish some of you were close to Phoenix. I'd love to have a punk rock brew day.

I moved to Vegas in '99, shortly after Dan & Spit were murdered. WP groups & ARA groups were moving in like mad. everyone was fighting everyone and each other. that was a rough 2 years.

Without getting into a discussion of the politics around the whole thing, I remember when that happened. I never knew either of them, but a number of friends were close with both of them. That whole thing was f'ed up. Something like that happened again in Portland a few years ago, but luckily the guy survived.

Without getting into a discussion of the politics around the whole thing, I remember when that happened. I never knew either of them, but a number of friends were close with both of them. That whole thing was f'ed up. Something like that happened again in Portland a few years ago, but luckily the guy survived.

I never knew either of them either. I tried to stay out of everyone's politics, but the mentality was "If you're not with us, you're against us." hard to stay away from it when all your friends are punks, skins, and rude boys though. hahaha! glad the guy in Portland pulled through!

Be Afraid- Instant Agony :rockin:

I've got a few things on my mind right now. While "coping" with life I began cleaning my entire house in order to deal with it. Well, I was also listening to iTunes on random when old Pennywise came on (Unknown Road). It made me realize I had lost my passion for music. The love for music was still there, but the passion had left a while ago. Well, I'm currently rekindling that passion. Sometimes it takes your life changing in order to realize what you've been getting away from.

Punk rock has always seemed to help me get through unfavorable times. Come to think of it, punk pretty much shaped who I am today. Music is extremely powerful and I guess I had forgotten how much power it has.

heard of but never run into em. When i was in my teens in the pnw we had a real bonehead problem. Then when i moved to jersey it was usually fsu causing problems. Always loved it when dms put fsu in their place.

dms? Skins?

I have only ever seen that situation in the reverse.

When I have seen both skins and FSU (or alleged FSU) at shows, things have always ended poorly for the skins.

When I have seen both skins and FSU (or alleged FSU) at shows, things have always ended poorly for the skins.

I guess that depends on which crews were talking about and which shows. I never ran into FSU during the early days while they were allegedly a respectable and formidable crew. When I started running into them in the mid 2000's, it was less about kicking out Nazis, and more about machismo and swarming and gang beating young girls they didn't like in the pit at shows. In south Jersey, it was a problem. When you went further north, or into NYC, and you got a stronger DMS presence, it wasn't put up with. And I recall at a number of shows a handful of big DMS guys throwing these supposed FSU clowns out of venues for starting problems. I never associated with either group, so I don't know any of the inner workings going on, just what I saw.

in Vegas, besides fighting each other, all the crews fought among themselves. and the term "fence walker" was thrown around way too often. it was always a damn witch hunt.

That sounds like a blast.

Someone posted this on here around this time last year I'm pretty sure. I posted this on another thread recently.

Last edited by a moderator:
Lars frederiksen and the bastards. Probably a little commercial compared to those bands

Back