Show Us Your Label

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
And my latest, a pecan winter warmer:

fef79292483d70607233373fe20db9cb_320x320.jpg

Still struggling with label design, have trouble committing to a motif and generally just spend too much time tinkering, but these are my latest two attempts.

The first is a response to over-engineering way too many icons and details onto a label, I decided to go as simple as I could and created this wine-inspired label.

yams3x4.jpg

Since I can't leave well enough alone, I tinkered with that design for a long time until I arrived at this different version below. This is rotated to view easily on the web, but it is intended to be cut along the black lines and applied to the bottle in a 45 degree diamond shape instead of a square.

Grouchy-old-witch-diamond-final.jpg

Barnesie said:
Still struggling with label design, have trouble committing to a motif and generally just spend too much time tinkering, but these are my latest two attempts.

The first is a response to over-engineering way too many icons and details onto a label, I decided to go as simple as I could and created this wine-inspired label.

Since I can't leave well enough alone, I tinkered with that design for a long time until I arrived at this different version below. This is rotated to view easily on the web, but it is intended to be cut along the black lines and applied to the bottle in a 45 degree diamond shape instead of a square.

IMAO #2 is the winner (no contest)

Here's my Christmas Ale label. I realize a Black IPA isn't exactly a Christmas ale, but every year I brew my favorite recipe of that year and give it away in waxed bombers to my friends. Way better gift than cookies if ya ask me!

Christmas Ale 2012.jpg

here are a few i've done...
head-crusher.jpg

fireball-mead-label.jpg

DrsOrdersIPA.jpg

Darth-Porter.jpg

Duke-of-Earl.jpg
i really like the look of your labels. I especially like the duke of earl one im actually looking to do something similar with a logo for my home brew brewery name. Im completely new and should probably be focusing on basics of brewing still rather then labels but its just so cool to think of personalizing my hombrew. Im not computer savy by no means, but im more then willing to learn how to wrk a program for the sake of labeling haha. what program did you use ?

I found the idea on another thread. I am using business cards (5 cents/card) with a hole punched in the upper left corner and hung on the bottle with a small rubber band. It should save hours of peeling labels and glue off the reused bottles.

Label 2.jpg

Figured it out - needs to be light background and dark code, can't be the other way around. Here is the new label, please try it out!

5987973237_1eafd8afdb_z.jpg
wow this is so cool did you do it yourself? how do you go about creating something like that?? i want to be able to design a label like this but im completely new dont even know where to start, just know i want to end up with something to this level.

This is for my Kölsch in primary...since I used a dry ale yeast I'm calling it a blonde ale instead.

Paying homage to a childhood hero.

image-2537771824.jpg

wow this is so cool did you do it yourself? how do you go about creating something like that?? i want to be able to design a label like this but im completely new dont even know where to start, just know i want to end up with something to this level.

The illustration itself was just something I found online. After that it was just a matter of creating a label in photoshop and adding the text. There are tons of photoshop tutorials out there! You should check them out!

Barnesie said:
Did you actually do this on a letter press?

Nope. Wish I did though. That pic was just a test label. I ended up running cut up paper grocery bags through my printer for the final product. I also tweaked the design a bit.

Nope. Wish I did though. That pic was just a test label. I ended up running cut up paper grocery bags through my printer for the final product. I also tweaked the design a bit.

Looks good either way. Every once in a while I start to talk myself into doing a full screenpress setup so I can actually hand screen my labels. But then I usually just dive back into illustrator for hours and hours of minor font changes instead of actually being productive.

Looks good either way. Every once in a while I start to talk myself into doing a full screenpress setup so I can actually hand screen my labels. But then I usually just dive back into illustrator for hours and hours of minor font changes instead of actually being productive.

I know that feeling exactly. I almost bought a printing press back in the summer but I didn't have anywhere to realistically use/store it at my house. I wish I had access to a letterpress setup for labels and other things...

I've been lazy and haven't posted much lately. All I've done here is really post a few of the labels that I've done. I usually search the forums when I have a question and find the answer really quick so I don't need to make a new post. Anyways, I have a few new labels since my last post...but I only really have one ready to upload. Probably printing the next two sets tomorrow so hopefully I'll be able to upload those soon. Sorry the pic on this one is pretty bad / the label is a bit crooked on the bottle I happened to grab.

004van.jpg

004vanphoto.jpg

zackcamp said:
I run a homebrew club called the Big Blue Brew Crew at Old Dominion University in Norfolk, VA. MS Paint is about as far as my graphic design skills go, but luckily we have a graphic design major who is quite talented. Here is a label he designed for our all grain WH honey ale clone.

Love the ingredients / recipe. Awesome idea. I incorporated it into my back label. Thanks for sharing!

image-4177163195.jpg

odinsgift said:
Are those the Session bottles from Full Sail? Have you had any problems with them?

No. Sierra Nevada bottles. They are tough because they are short. The labels look funny on big bottles.

I've been lazy and haven't posted much lately. All I've done here is really post a few of the labels that I've done. I usually search the forums when I have a question and find the answer really quick so I don't need to make a new post. Anyways, I have a few new labels since my last post...but I only really have one ready to upload. Probably printing the next two sets tomorrow so hopefully I'll be able to upload those soon. Sorry the pic on this one is pretty bad / the label is a bit crooked on the bottle I happened to grab.

004van.jpg

004vanphoto.jpg

Badass label. Though Vanilla has TWO Ls.

Here are all the labels I've done so far. I find making the labels almost as fun as brewing/drinking! For the Chicha we couldn't figure out which label we liked more, so we just made a variant and labeled half with one label, and half with the other.

Oops, I meant these bottles.

Back