Lego Mindstorms Controlled Brewery

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yep, that's my rig. Believe it or not I never brewed beer before and that was my first time brewing beer ever. I decided to go AG right from the start. I used the Lego Brick instead of an Arduino for the geek "street cred" :rockin:

DUDE. I read this... very impressive. very cool. very much "street cred" for the DYI, makers crowd! Of course you've never brewed before... haha... badass.

Too too cool. Congrats on the system and the decision to take the step to AG straight out of the box. That takes a large set of stones and then building a controller with no experience is even tougher. You got my props bro, and 2 points street cred fer sure.
Wheelchair Bob

Thank you all for the kind comments! I owe a lot of my efforts to all those who freely share their experiences and ideas on forums and sites like this one :mug:

I think my next major project is to weld two kegs together so I can increase the BK capacity to something that will yield half barrel size batches :rockin:

Damn, looks like you got bit by the same bug as me. I did one batch of Mr Beer and started a project that has turned into a monster. I have to go slow because of my budget restraints, but I am having a blast getting it all together and planned out. I'm working on the controls and plumbing in my three tier tower right now. I think copper is my new best freind for all the plumbing, and conduit for wiring and sensors. Have fun along the way, I am havin a blast...
Wheelchair Bob

Wow that's absolutely amazing, loved the youtube video on the link, needless to say my jaw dropped. I was just poking around in here to see what automated brewing was all about and to see how my past PLC programming experience might be worked into my beer brewing hobby. This is probably a couple years away for me still but it certainly gets me thinking!

Latest posts

Back