Nasty Cobra Taps

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

noisy123

Reaction score
Hi,
I am really tired of these nasty cobra taps spilling beer all over my refrigerator. I would like to eliminate them from the fridge but would prefer not to drill holes. I have looked into faucets that mount directly to the keg and at the epoxy mixer inserts. Will this work to keep beer at carbonating/serving pressures? In the meantime, does anyone have any tips on managing hoses+cobra taps? Cheers. :)

I don't use my cobras all that often, but I don't have any issues with them leaking. Or are you talking about the last drops of a pour getting all over?

If it's the former (leaking), try a pbw soak followed by some starsan and/or running a tap/faucet brush through it a few times.

Its not really leaking. Just sort of the inherent spraying that results from long lengths of hose attached to a tap that just wants to flop everywhere.

Ok, I hear ya.. I'm setting up a collar right now to go on mine so I can put the faucets back in (had my old keezer stop cooling). It does get kinda messy, I just keep a towel in there to wipe up the mess as a temporary solution.

When I was Cobras all the time, I found that having a wire hook that made an obvious hanger was quite useful, esp at parties. You can use any old wire, and run it from the handles, post or whatever.

I'm sure you could build a small bracket or something and run a few shanks through it and mount faucets. Buy a 6' 2x6 or something and cut it up.

I hang my crora taps off the wire divider in my 7.2cf magic chef. After I finish pouring a pint from a cobra tap, I give it a good solid tap or to to get those last couple of drops out, so they don't drip inside.

I also have a towel on the floor to catch any drips. I am in the garage, so I am not all that concerned about it.

Back