American Wheat

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dragonfly

Reaction score
yo, I'm feenin' for somethin along the lines of Sam Adams' Summer Ale. I got a sixer the other day and it's pretty much what I'm feelin' for the summertime. Does anyone have a kickass American Wheat recipe (I'm 99% sure that's what the bottle said that it was) along the same lines? Thanks - I'm tryin to keep on the grind & brew as much as possible. :eek:

well since no one's responded, I've got this theory - if I respond myself a couple times, maybe ppl will think somethin's up and check it out, only to be tricked into givin' me a recipe. Let's see how it works

Ok Dragonfly you've push me to the brink. This is my best shot

AG / Extract 5Gal

5lb Pale al malt.
4lb Wheat LME
.5 lb crystal 20

Infusion mash Malt @151F for 60 min.
Add Wheat LME to boil. Boil 60 min.

1 oz Cascade 60 min.
1 ox Cascade 15 min
1 oz Cascade 5 min

Wyeast 1056 "Chico"

To kick your American wheat brew up a notch I recommend some coriander and orange peels or zest.This will add a very refreshing zest to your brew. I dont know your preference for taste or what have you, I'm just throwing my two cents in.

Suds - you the man! I'm serious.

I'm takin this recipe & runnin' with it, as soon as I get back from cincinatti. And as for the orange peel & coriander - Can I get a hell yes? Thanks guys

Back