Radeberger recipe?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hugh_Jass

Reaction score
BIL's favorite beer is Radeberger. It's kind of nostalgic from the days spent in Dresden. I was wondering if anyone had a recipe that was close to Radeberger. I'd love to brew some for him as a gift.
Thanks in advance.

Extract or all grain? Either way you're looking at pretty much all Pilsner malt/ Pilsner extract for the grain bill. German hallertauer/tetnang hops, maybe saaz, and German lager yeast fermented cold, maybe 48ºF. Anyone know what hop varities they might actually use?

Directly from the Radeburger site:

Product Information
Beer category: Beer with an original gravity between 11 – 14%
Type: Pilsner
Orginal wort: 11.4%
Volume percentage: 4.8% vol
Carbonation percentage: 0.53%
Brewing process: bottom-fermented (lager)
Characteristics: clear, pale golden colour with fine, creamy foam, predominant hops taste with pleasant, subtly distinct note of hops bittnerness
Ingredients: water (soft, from own well)
hops (balanced mix of bitter and aromatic hops)
malt (from choice barley)
yeast (bottom-fermented, from our own pure culture)
Bitterness units: 33 IBU

I went to a Radeberger Beer dinner a few years ago in FL. Since I was really the only beer snob there, one of the head brewers from Radeberger was hosting and we got to talking. He said that its %100 pilsner malt and they bitter with magnum and do a single late addition of pearl at 15min. Its a single infusion mash and they ferment at 14c. Original gravity is 11.3 brix and a ABV of 4.8 with 35 IBU. I had a few beers by this point and either didnt write down or ask what the mash temp was.

Directly from the Radeburger site:

Product Information
Beer category: Beer with an original gravity between 11 14%
Type: Pilsner
Orginal wort: 11.4%
Volume percentage: 4.8% vol
Carbonation percentage: 0.53%
Brewing process: bottom-fermented (lager)
Characteristics: clear, pale golden colour with fine, creamy foam, predominant hops taste with pleasant, subtly distinct note of hops bittnerness
Ingredients: water (soft, from own well)
hops (balanced mix of bitter and aromatic hops)
malt (from choice barley)
yeast (bottom-fermented, from our own pure culture)
Bitterness units: 33 IBU
III

Back