It started to ferment again

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hillybilly

Reaction score
I racked my third brew an English brown ale extract kit with specialty grains and Notty Yeast to a secondary after two weeks and it started to ferment again. Been bubbling every 30 seconds or so since Friday. It had already reached it's final gravity of 1.010 started at 1.050 Gravity is now at 1.009-1.008. WTH is going on?

I racked my third brew an English brown ale extract kit with specialty grains and Notty Yeast to a secondary after two weeks and it started to ferment again. Been bubbling every 30 seconds or so since Friday. It had already reached it's final gravity of 1.010 started at 1.050 Gravity is now at 1.009-1.008. WTH is going on?
Sometimes by racking, you introduce oxygen into your beer, which will fuel the yeast to eat any fermentables left behind, not a bad thing.. Notty yeast is a beast,lol, just doing it's job, may be a couple points lower in gravity than intended, but in the range of 1.010 you're not going to tell the difference anyway.. if you want to stop it or slow it down.. lower the temp down to about 60-65.. will still clean your beer up.. but no worries bud..

1.010 was its expected FG.
could be co2 coming out of suspension, could have not been done.

It one of the reasons we old fossil brewers still use a secondary.:D

Latest posts

Back