How big is your beard?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
There isn't a beard alive that can compare to Brett Keisels. It's so awesome it has it's own mustache, and i'm not even a Steelers fan.

brett-keisel-beard.jpg

2012-01-14174309.jpg

2012-01-14182228.jpg

Crappy shot I know but self portrait taken with the camera pointed at me and me looking in a mirror to aim
5 1/4 inches end to end when it's up
8 inches tip to tip when it's straight out

**EDIT**
just noticed I have a few greys, since I shave my head daily I didnt know LOL

I saw a guy the other day whose beard went to his chest. It wasn't your typical beard. The best way to describe it is if you ever saw Kid n Play, the two black dudes in the 90s. The one whose hair went straight up like a pillar. That is how the guy's beard looked.

I put conditioner in my beard for the first time today. Feels nice. The SWMBO suggested it.

This guy took a picture of his beard growth everyday for 1 year. Strange, but cool to see the transformation[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tWzPDNabdBs&feature=related]Year of the Beard 2010 - 1 Year Time Lapse - YouTube[/ame].

This video is a neat time lapse as well

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ialQ7qZ8jlQ&list=FL1iMFYEdFAziRRVnTd0eFsA&feature=mh_lolz]A Haircut In Reverse / Vom Glatzkopf Zum Hippie - YouTube[/ame]

Here is my Miami Dolphins rally beard. Didn't trim it until they won a game:

TheBeard.jpg

Mine is a full beard around a half inch long. I work as a cook right now, so it has to stay fairly neat. I might grow it longer, but then I have to wear a beard net, and I hate those. One day, I will grow it like Gandalf. One day.

He could have been cast as a double :mug:

Oh and we won't accept a description of the beard that will one day possibly need a beard net. We need pictures.:rockin:

This beard pic was from January 2011 when I stopped shaving for "No-shave-November. At this point the gotee had about 9 months of growth (stretched out it was a solid 7 inches)
image2.jpg

I got tired of trying to straighten my gotee, so i stopped combing it shortly after the above pic. After about 5 months this was the result - two naturally formed dreadlocks.
image.jpg
I work at a school now so I had to shave this past July but I did keep the locks for sentimental reasons

Ryan

I've recently picked up this whole homebrewing hobby, and I'm a little ashamed to say how well I fit the mold (I'm a Jeep-driving, beer-drinking, gun-shooting computer nerd/engineer, etc. etc.) but at least my beard is only normal-sized... so I'm good, right?

6719153929_6f9cd1bf63.jpg

:mug:

This beard pic was from January 2011 when I stopped shaving for "No-shave-November. At this point the gotee had about 9 months of growth (stretched out it was a solid 7 inches)
View attachment 44054

I got tired of trying to straighten my gotee, so i stopped combing it shortly after the above pic. After about 5 months this was the result - two naturally formed dreadlocks.
View attachment 44055
I work at a school now so I had to shave this past July but I did keep the locks for sentimental reasons

Ryan

That is about how long I grew my gotee a little over a year ago. Had a gotee then didn't trim it for about 2 years. I cut it short because I was looking for a new job and 1) Made me look like a biker and 2) Made me look older than I am. My fiancee also kept it after I cut it off. She braided it once. Guys in work kept wanting to see it braided.

It is kind of getting long again but I will probably cut it again because it really does add like 10 years to my age, especially with the grey.

mine used to be a lot bigger (this pic is ca. 2005), i still wear one, but don't let it get too out of control anymore. i'm the one in the blue shirt and dead sober, i swear.

205255_1009728376193_1614490636_34582_9243_n.jpg

Here is one with me and the wife. I am the one with the beard. Second one is me with Donnie Shell. Much feared DB of them Pittsburgh Stillers.

382355_1576470149219_1759581420_810531_1903783398_n.jpg

383442_1576470589230_1759581420_810534_1680559431_n.jpg

I have a big full beard. Not too long but very full and some (my boss) thinks unkempt. It is mostly red but there are some pieces of grey starting in : /

Decided last weekend to grow a full beard. Right now I'm in the dirty lumberjack greenhorn phase.

Back