Just started all grain brewin from Delaware

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mircobrewski

Reaction score
Hey all! I recently started all grain brewing and look forward to improving each batch with practice and the help of this website.

cheers from Delaware :mug:

I'm on my 3rd batch after a year of extract brewing. I enjoy the all-grain process a little more since I feel like I am actually making the beer; however, I haven't bottled any of the three yet (tomorrow maybe). It is pretty rewarding either way.

Cheers.

Agreed! I recently bottled my first all grain batch ( English Bitter ), and created a Blond Honey Ale using honey I purchased from a local farm. There is a certain smell all grain creates that makes it more rewarding... it is also pretty sweet how much creativity all grain creates for the brewer.

:mug:

Congratulations man!!!! I know youre stoked! I just bottle my first AG last night after 2 extract brews... forgot to prime the beer and didnt realize it until i was about 8 into... at least it was only 8!!

Im hoping it was just the excitement! super excited to see others popping their cherries and sharing. welcome to it my man!

I made Schlenkerla's Quaffable Irish Red. I tasted it before I bottled (and drank one of the ones I forgot to prime) and it is effn delicious!!! I want to drink one everyday until ready... But I will have to find the strength to hold out!! You should definatly check out his thread, he has pictures and a VERY detailed profile if the beer. The pictures alone were enough to give me that final push into "what do I have to lose" mode!

I made Schlenkerla's Quaffable Irish Red. I tasted it before I bottled (and drank one of the ones I forgot to prime) and it is effn delicious!!! I want to drink one everyday until ready... But I will have to find the strength to hold out!! You should definatly check out his thread, he has pictures and a VERY detailed profile if the beer. The pictures alone were enough to give me that final push into "what do I have to lose" mode!

Can you post the recipe? I'm dying to make an AG Irish Red. Thanks.

Delaware! :mug:

thanks! I have been searching the internet a good deal and happened to land onto this site. Since that moment i havnt needed to go anywhere else.

You mean 'Beer church'. Yeah, I live in Md but work in Bear. Drive by it everyday. Used to stop in there 3-4 times a week. Am proud to say I'm almost 'cured'. With six beers on tap at home, I only find an excuse to stop by every couple of months now...lol

:tank:

I have concocted many six packs from from this church... Ridiculous selection.
Speaking of 'beer church, I was in Pittsburgh a few weeks ago..visited an old church that was converted in a brew house named Church Brew Works . Butttt they kept the church in its historical form.. cool place to see if you ever get the chance.

ShermanTank said:
Can you post the recipe? I'm dying to make an AG Irish Red. Thanks.

Just type in Quaffable Irish red in the search and it will take you there! Not really mine to post brethren. It's so good, I def think everyone should try it once!

Back