• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to HomeBrewTalk and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

WTB - Electric Brew Rig

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MSKBeerfan

Reaction score
The wife has granted me the green light, or better yet, the Green Backs, up to $4,000 to get an Electric Brew Rig so I can brew in the basement year round...
Is there anyone out there that knows someone, or perhaps has a system that they are not using anymore that would like Cash?

Thanks!

Any information you can share would be greatly appreciated.
While I am handy I am just having trouble wrapping my mind around this process and what is needed, let alone where to start, hence looking for something that has already been put together. However I will take the assistance. I will PM you with my email address. thanks, Mike

What is your price range? There are lots of commercial options if you have the money. Check out Sabco's Brew Magic. Prefabbed machines are not cheap though.

Thanks, Yes I know!!!
Budget is $4,000 cash... depending on the system...
The Brew Magic system is very impressive, but I really want to brew all year in the basement, which gas would be an issue...

thanks,

Yes, I know that is high on my list of systems to look at. I communicated with Keith at BrewMation and he seems very helpful and all the information I have received from users is positive. I have a couple of concerns, but hey no system is perfect right or no one would try and improve on it...

I am following Kals instructions on theelectricbrewery.com. I have not started building it yet, but I got most parts in. Going to start in the new year. All said and done, I should be able to finish for around 2000. I already had the keg for my pots, I got the welding done free. I went with Chugger pumps, going to build my own CFC or something like that.

BTW, I am in Pottstown, PA, where are you at. If you close, we could build them together.

Oh, dont tell the SWMBO I just spent $2000, somehow she got the impression that I only spent 750 :)

Milldoggy, thanks for the link, this is a great tool, It has about as detailed directions as anyone could ask for. I am located in Harrisburg, not far from you! I elect to start a project such as this I could certainly use someone to build it along side and help compare notes! I will PM you my email address so we can converse off line also.
thanks again!

Sounds good. I spent a ton of time researching parts, reading through his web site, etc. I could share some of notes, lessons learned and links of where I got the parts if you decide to go this route. Also I got some of the tools that you could borrow when I am down.

rianrt, in looking at Kal's system ("The Electric Brewery") I agree with there philosiphy, I want something that monitors temps and is easy to use but I want to be involved in the process along the way, Plus I like the idea of using a RIMS system for Mashing.
Outside of that, I am open and still learning. You selling yours or willing to assist in the build of a second system now that you know all the hidden secrets, ha ha...
I am in Harrisburg and would love to see your set up!

Yes Da... sorry, HERMS / RMS system, at least someone is reading this stuff...

i could assist you if you want. i built mine and it was no big deal. but you should figure out what you want and start from there. like what kind of service are you planning. 30amp or 50 amp. i ran a 50 amp gfci in my panel box. is that possible? p-j made that schematic i built. i posted a list of the items i used and where i got them. let me know how we can help.
rian

Back