Homebrewing speech

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

puravida286

Reaction score
I just had my first speech in my class "Public Speaking" and decided to do it on brewing beer. I was the only one in the class that actually received complements on my speech. My visual aids were a primary fermenter (my secondary has beer in it and cannot be brought on campus), a bottle capper and my necessary siphoning equipment. I was so nervous about my first speech, but when i got up there it was like talking to one of my friends about the history, process, and benefits of homebrewing...what a great subject to speak in front of an audience about! :ban: we'll see if I get a good grade but IMHO the speech rocked :rockin: . THANKS AGAIN HOMEBREWING!

puravida286 said:
I just had my first speech in my class "Public Speaking" and decided to do it on brewing beer. I was the only one in the class that actually received complements on my speech. My visual aids were a primary fermenter (my secondary has beer in it and cannot be brought on campus), a bottle capper and my necessary siphoning equipment. I was so nervous about my first speech, but when i got up there it was like talking to one of my friends about the history, process, and benefits of homebrewing...what a great subject to speak in front of an audience about! :ban: we'll see if I get a good grade but IMHO the speech rocked :rockin: . THANKS AGAIN HOMEBREWING!

Hey, no matter what the teacher gives you... from us you get an A++!! Preach the word!

You can't bring beer on campus? That blows my mind.

My fridge was always well stocked with beer and wine when I was attending the university. The Student Union sold beer!

My friends and I sat in the Student Union after classes and built models of organic molecules using empty Bud bottles for carbon, MIller bottles for Oxygen, Schlitz cans for hydrogen, Jax for Nitrogen, Pearl for sulfur, and so on. We built whole proteins and enzymes in single evenings!

What has the world come to in the years since I graduated? A campus without beer? Unbelievable. :(

Depends on the school. I went to a private Christian university and alcohol was prohibited on campus, or in on campus housing. That's not to say it didn't ever happen...;)

One of my roommates was a business major and had a marketing project that was supposed to find a newer product and analize the marketing plan, brand recognition etc. He used Smirnoff Ice, which was new at the time, and got away with it. I was surprised.

I did the same thing when I had to do a speech in class. My english teacher wasn't happy since I was in 10th grade at the time.....:drunk:

Monster Mash said:
I did the same thing when I had to do a speech in class. My english teacher wasn't happy since I was in 10th grade at the time.....:drunk:

My first speech in my 10th grade english class was on how to make explosives out of houshold items and a couple odds and ends available at a old-school pharmacy. The presentation came complete with me actually making gun powder and packing up a home-made fire-cracker right there in the classroom.

I would NEVER be able to get away with that crap in this day an age.

-walker

beer4breakfast said:
You can't bring beer on campus? That blows my mind.

Mine was a dry campus also, but every Sunday night when we would come back, our laundry baskets had about 2 cases stuffed in between jeans and shirts.

I hated speech class... I use to get physically sick before going up in front of the class, finally told my teacher to just flunk me, luckily she just gave me a "D" so I would atleast pass the class :)

Latest posts

Back