Argg! Can't remember the name of this honey...

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

phissionkorps

Reaction score
I saw a honey at the LHBS today...but I can't remember the name (I did buy a few lbs though). It was "star something"....I want to say star thrush? Is that right? Anyway, I was going to do a traditional. 4# of this honey + 1118, unless of course anyone has any better ideas.
I tasted it and it was similar to sage honey.
There was another honey there too (they were out though) that I think was yapuan or yapoun or something to that effect. I didn't taste that one though, but I might give it a try if anyone else has used it before. They had these 2 honeys, wildflower and orange blossom all for the same price ($3.95/lb), so I figured I'd give this other stuff a go.

4# will take a LONG time to age out
Yeah I figure, but it's of no consequence to me as long as it's good in the end. Mead making and medical school go hand in hand. When you're in class from 8 to 5 every day, with tests and quizzes flying every which way, you don't have time to worry about....anything really.

Back