So who's brewing this weekend?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Doing 3 batches Saturday.
10 gallons of Dead Guy.
10 gallons of wheat that I'll split into watermelon and pomegranate.
5 gallons of Belgian triple.

Assuming my shipment from BMW shows up, I'll be doing a Speckled Heifer Creme and a buddy is popping his cherry on Yooper's Oatmeal Stout. I thought that would be a easy first brew for him. . . plus, it is mighty tasty.

I plan on 5 gal of Red Coat Amber Ale. Either Sat or Sun. As soon as my hop order gets here. Next week I think, then 6 gal Marzen Lager.

beerloaf

Got 230 lbs of grain yesterday: 2 sacks from LHBS (Ger Pils & 2-row) and the rest from AHS (they rock!), so it's on!

Bavarian Hefe (3 gal) and my first run at EdWort's Haus Pale (5 gal) this weekend!

I'm experimenting with ingredients I have laying around. I'm calling it "Edel Ale"

12# 2-row

.5oz. Czech Saaz @ 60
.5oz. Germ. Tradition @ 60
.5oz. Czech Saaz @ 30
.5oz. Germ. Tradition @ 30
.5oz. Czech Saaz @ 15
.5oz. Germ. Tradition @ 15

Mash at 149 for 90 min.
Boil for 60
Pitch US-05

Ferment at 55 for 3 weeks
Gelatin - keg - enjoy

Going to make a half-batch of American IPA (probably more of a Pale Ale for some of you hop cretins) tomorrow or Sunday, racking onto the yeast cake (Notty) of a sorghum Pale Ale that needs to go into secondary. Well, it doesn't *need* to. I just want to brew more beer. ;-)

It's only got 54 IBUs planned, for an OG of 1.055. But I have 2oz of whole leaf Chinook that I'll be dry-hopping with too!

Making a batch of blonde ale this weekend. I'm really just using it as a way to make more yeast for an IPA and a stout that I'm brewing next. It costs more than a starter, but I get five gallons of beer out of it :rockin:

Bottling a ton this weekend - one Kolsch, one lawnmower beer and maybe a batch of Brandon O's Graff, if it clears up in a couple days of cold crashing.

Possibly/hopefully doing my first 100% brettanomyces fermentation this weekend!

Gonna be Belgian pilsner malt, a little munich, a little flaked oats, a little acidulated malt + Saaz and French Strisselspalt hops. Building up a brett c. starter tonight and tomorrow if needed. I'm excited!

Brewing my 2nd batch ever this weekend. First batch i did turned out excellent, but it was a kit beer. I'm doing my own bavarian styled hefeweizen. Really excited.

I am new to all grain brewing and home brew talk forum. I need advice for lagering. I want to know if I should lager carbonated or not carbonated in the keg.

Me and my buddy are brewing our second and third batch this weekend. Last time we did a pale ale, but we're trying to venture out a little, so we're brewing up an Oktoberfest knock off, and an oatmeal stout.

I just doughed in a sort of ESB:
10 gallons
16 pounds 2 row pale
1.5 pounds Crystal 60
1 pound Honey malt(needed to use it up)
6 oz chocolate malt
mashed at 156F
Hops: 2 oz Goldings, 4.7AA for 60 min
2 oz Fuggles 4.2AA 20 min
1.5oz Fuggles at 5 minutes and flameout
Nottingham yeast for one bucket, S-04 for the other

Sunday I'll brew a Belgian brett blonde to add fruit to in secondary

I did a wild hop brew recently (dried them first). Came out ok... nothing special and not very strong flavour but it was ok.

Starting the boil on a basic kit-Oktoberfest. Any easy ideas to kick it up a notch. I have some extra hops, I have some lemon, I have some other stuff.

Just lookin for some suggestions to make it not-so-ordinary.

Finally got all my new brew pieces assembled, carboys's cleaned and other beers transferred. Then went out and rigged up a way to not get CO poisoning while brewing in the garage. All set to give it a whirl and I find out I have a frozen hose. I'm contemplating whether I should go to Lowe's and get a short hose to run from my laundry room sink to the rig in the garage now, or say screw it and go to the bar and get the hose in the morning. I have 3 brews I'm trying to knock out this weekend!

richbird2009 said:
I am new to all grain brewing and home brew talk forum. I need advice for lagering. I want to know if I should lager carbonated or not carbonated in the keg.

1st--welcome to the best game & the best forum!!

2nd--NOT carbonated.

3rd--I could be off base, sir, but you may wish to post "lagering advice needed" in the beginner's forum. You'll get more notice & good advice!

Cheers!

This has nothing to do with what I am brewing but check this out. The local Target is selling this and the price is not a sake price. It is indeed 6.49 a sixer.

ForumRunner_20120121_093120.jpg

I am going to start working on my St. Patty's day lie-up this weekend! First up is a nice black stout, followed by a Smithwicks clone. I may try a Boddington's Clone as well, just depends on my free time.

I just brewed my Munich Helles recipe..I love this beer. It sucks I need to wait two months to drink it.. It's cool though, I just tapped a fresh keg Wednesday...:D

Northern Brewer's The Innkeeper w/ 1469! Starter's already in the fridge for tomorrow evening decanting. :) I haven't had a British bitter on tap for a loooong time, so I'm excited! Going to rinse the yeast and repitch into an Irish Red to be ready for St. Patty's day.

Just wrapping up a new recipe. 6 gallons of rye pale. Magnum for bittering, and cascade, centennial for flavor.

image-3674812349.jpg

Thank you for the advice. I plan on waiting two weeks or until fermentation signs are not seen. Then bringing the temp up to 65 for 3 days, rack to second fermenter. Then temp to 5 degrees down each day to 40 degrees for two weeks. And finally a week in the keg to caronate

Back