gas manifold

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

brewit2it

Reaction score
I have a 2 keg set up that uses a single body regulator with a gas manifold with 2 valves. At some point I would like to add a 3rd keg. I'm hoping not to have to lay down 40 bucks for a new 3 valve manifold and was wondering if there was a way to modify this one. I notice like most of them, my manifold has the barbed nipple on one end where the gas in goes and then 2 switched valves on the bottom and a screw cap on the top (see pic below). My question is can I remove the screw cap and add a 3rd valve?

Thanks

5538265060_b91725aaba_z.jpg

Just use a t to split the gas line.

Thanks, I thought about that but then I wouldn't be able to switch them on and off seperately. Still hoping someone knows if the cap seen in the pic can be removed and replaced with a 3rd valve?

I don't see why you couldn't. You can't hurt anything by turning the gas off and taking it apart. Like most of them its a hollow aluminum tube

If you want to control them separately, you can always get an inline valve and put it in each line off the T so you can control each independently.

I have a 2 keg set up that uses a single body regulator with a gas manifold with 2 valves. At some point I would like to add a 3rd keg. I'm hoping not to have to lay down 40 bucks for a new 3 valve manifold and was wondering if there was a way to modify this one. I notice like most of them, my manifold has the barbed nipple on one end where the gas in goes and then 2 switched valves on the bottom and a screw cap on the top (see pic below). My question is can I remove the screw cap and add a 3rd valve?

Thanks

Don't know where you got that manifold, but I have something very similar from harbor freight (only a few bucks) and, using your picture as a reference, it has a connection on the right side so all you have to do is add a connector and another manifold and you now have the ability to not only hook up a third keg, but also a fourth.

Thanks for the replies. It sounds like I should be able to add a 3rd valve. Now I just need to find the valve. Any ideas where to start? I am think of taking it to Ace and seen if they have it.

you could take that manifold and attach it to your regulator. using a 1/4" to 1/4" fitting. then take the shutoff you took out of the regulator and put that on the manifold.

5/16 is the hose side. They come in a bunch of different sizes, but tHe threads are 1/4.

The hose that's connecting the regulator to the manifold. Is the side that's connected to the regulator on a shutoff?

5/16 is the hose side. They come in a bunch of different sizes, but tHe threads are 1/4.

The hose that's connecting the regulator to the manifold. Is the side that's connected to the regulator on a shutoff?

Okay, cool, I kind of thought that it might be the case but was confused since they don't list the thread size.

No shutoff on my regulator.

Back