Temperature Controller Question

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cacaman

Reaction score
I just have a question on a Ranco ETC 111000. I finished wiring it, and it seems to work since it can detect the room temperature. However, the extension chord i used is a 16 gauge 13 amps chord, and the chest freezer instructions say that if i want to use an extension chord, it has to be 15 amps.

Do any of you all see an issue in the future if i connect this? If so, is there a solution other than just rewiring it with a 15 amp extension chord?

Also, when using one of these temperature controllers, at what temperature setting should i set my freezer at (1-7)?

I did a real clean job and would rather not have to wire it again and waste $15, but if the life of my freezer depends on it, then by all means i'll do it.

If it is short, you should be fine. Don't plug it into an extension cord.

Set your freezer to the coldest setting and you will be good to go.

Ditto on the setting. My warmest setting was 0 degrees, I have my controller set at 34 so even at the warmest setting the freezer is still controlled by the controller. Where did you mount the controller?

I haven't mounted it yet, but I plan on mounting it on the collar in going to make, probably on the side. I'll be posting up a thread of the build soon. :)

My Ranco has been very reliable for close to 2 years with chest freezer (lucky to score from neighbor for $50)

Pics on how/where you mounted it please? Or at least a description haha

Back