Wtf?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

knotquiteawake

Reaction score
How long has my profile said I'm female? Also, until today I was able post pictures but I don't remember ever having purchased a premium membership, even if did I never got a renewal notice. Also I'm VERY certain that when I first registered I would have marked "male" as my gender... so... umm, WTF? I must be going nuts

It's said female for probably most of the year you've been a member. There was an update last year that caused our genders all to glitch and default to female. Anyone can post pictures after they have been here for a certain number of months or reach a certain level of posts, that rule was enacted about a year ago as well, after a vicious trolling incident. They put that rule into effect. Obviously now you've been here long enough to have the block removed.

There is some weird stuff going on. I can't even access my gallery because of permission reasons. The sites been a bit slow as well. Probably just TX doing some site maintenance or upgrade. Give it a day and see if it comes back.

How long has my profile said I'm female? Also, until today I was able post pictures but I don't remember ever having purchased a premium membership, even if did I never got a renewal notice. Also I'm VERY certain that when I first registered I would have marked "male" as my gender... so... umm, WTF? I must be going nuts

But does it make sense to you now why you got so many offers to get together for a "brew" session? :D

I still don't have a gallery where there once was a gallery. Although, i'm not sure how I had a gallery before... i still want it back. Maybe I did pay for a membership last year, its hard to remember back that far, I sign up for so many things.

The most likely explanation for all you guys who are registered here as women is that you are experimenting. Its ok, its natural and I don't judge you.

shi-bingo1_418.jpg

transgendered-large.jpg

I know a lot of people that always select "female" as their gender on social networking sites because it often effects what kinds of advertising you are subjected to. "Males" often get bombarded with a lot more sexual, "relationship" based ads. I don't care about that sort of thing, but some do.

I know a lot of people that always select "female" as their gender on social networking sites because it often effects what kinds of advertising you are subjected to. "Males" often get bombarded with a lot more sexual, "relationship" based ads. I don't care about that sort of thing, but some do.

That is an interesting thought, I can't tell you how annoying it is to be on the most innocent of sites and have busty women telling to come play some RPG fantasy game online on the banner ads, especially when SWMBO comes around asking what kinda site it is you're on.

That is an interesting thought, I can't tell you how annoying it is to be on the most innocent of sites and have busty women telling to come play some RPG fantasy game online on the banner ads, especially when SWMBO comes around asking what kinda site it is you're on.

Exactly.

Actually about a year or so ago Tx was working on an upgrade and ALL of our genders defaulted to female, there actually was several threads about it on here. And I wouldn't be surprised if it's happened a couple more times during updates.

Back