I'm dumb....so please refresh my memory...

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dude

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
...who recently sent me beer, and who have I recently talked to about swapping?

I got 2 bombers from someone this week--from San Diego. PM me please so I can return the favor!

I wish it was me, but I'm 2 hours north of whoever it was. :p We should swap brews sometime, Dude.

Bump.

Need to know this mystery San Diego beer. It had one commercial bottle and one homebrew. I want to try it but I don't know what the homebrew bottle is!!!!!!!!

Brewsmith--I'm definitely up for swapping, but I don't have much ready right now with our move. I'm going to brew up the Smoked IPA This week prolly. I will rack my Pumpkin porter over to a keg--if you want that. Otherwise wait until Feb-March and I'll have a bunch ready.

SUH-WEET!!!

I just found out what the mystery beer package was! A guy on Brewboard sent me a bomber of his SMOKED IPA and a commercial bomber of Ballast Point Black Marlin Porter.

The timing couldn't be more perfect, as I'm brewing my Smoked IPA tomorrow. Cannot wait to sample this tonight. I'm shootin' sparks outta my ass!

Wow, this smoked IPA was outstanding. The guy who sent it is a killer brewer. The smoke isn't evident in the aroma or in the first portion of the taste, and then really finishes strong with bamberg smokiness. Really freaking good beer here.
If mine turns out this good, I'll be stoked.

I'd prefer more smoke, but I'm clueless on how much of the home smoked malt to use. He used 3 lbs of bamberg, so if I want more smokiness in mine, I'll prolly use the same amount of my home smoked malt, seeing it is more smoky than the bamberg stuff. Decisions, decisions.

Back