Looking for a group buy in the orange county area CA

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Miket1099

Reaction score
Hey members

I want to see if there is a group buy around my area, I have recently upped my production of home brew and would like to start buying base malt in a surplus so it will be cheaper. I live in Huntington Beach ca area so let me know if there is one already or if anybody is interested.

I'm in Costa Mesa. I'm not a high volume brewer but I'd be curious to hear what you find.
FFF

Yea we will see I'm going to see if some people are interested and go from there. Besides that do u go to any club meeting around your area your real close to me and I have not found anything close to me.

I'm in the LA area, and I go to vanguard brew supply in LaVerne (next to pomona fairplex) He sells bags of 2 row malt for 35 bucks.

Yea we will see I'm going to see if some people are interested and go from there. Besides that do u go to any club meeting around your area your real close to me and I have not found anything close to me.

The Brewcommune club is based in OC. We have a meeting every other month. Meetings are open to members and non-members. Meetings usually get anywhere from 15 - 50 people. We usually have a style presentation w/ samples and do tastings of homebrews brought in.

Next meeting is Tuesday 11/20 at 7 PM at Out of the Park Pizza in Anaheim.
http://www.brewcommune.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=2482

BTW, we just started talking about doing a grain group buy for members. We have a generous brewery that already helps us with projects that will do it for us.

JonW

I have heard about brew-commune and iv heard good things I would really like to make it to a meeting but as it stands during the week will be kinda hard to make. Do you guys ever do anything during the weekend at any point.

JonW

I have heard about brew-commune and iv heard good things I would really like to make it to a meeting but as it stands during the week will be kinda hard to make. Do you guys ever do anything during the weekend at any point.

We do "official" brew days at members houses on the weekends (every other month). Several members will post up "unofficial" brew days at their houses as well. While the Tuesday night meetings are open to everyone, the brew days are for paid members only. It's done that way so that random/unknown people don't just show up at a brew day to drink beer.

Yea that's a good idea I make it only members . I'll check them out and hopefully show up to a meeting and become a member and that way I can be involved on the weekend brew sessions.

I'm like south la area but if u guys get a group but together I'd be in for 2 sacks of 2 row or pale

I'm in OC.

I'd be in for 4-6 sacks depending on what we get.

I won't flake.

I'm in the LA area, and I go to vanguard brew supply in LaVerne (next to pomona fairplex) He sells bags of 2 row malt for 35 bucks.

Does he sell other grains in sacks as well? know any prices?

Do you know if the quality is good?

thanks

Anybody know a company we can buy pallets of grain from? I'll see if I can contact them.

Anybody know who will sell a large quantity to us? I've been looking around and can't find anything over 1 sack for homebrewers.

I am interested. I can talk with Calwest Homebrew Supply for bulk deals. I have ordered pallets of grain with them in the past for a club brew day.

Hey guys, I live in Pomona about 3 blocks away from the vanguard shop (which is closing down unfortunately) I am also within reasonable driving distance from Calwest as well as Morebeer in riverside - which sells $35 bags of 50lb 2-row.
I am starting a local homebrew club in the northern Inland Empire area, and i know a few of us would be interested in doing a group buy with you guys!

p.s., i am a dispatcher for a trucking company based in Pomona as well, so if transportation is ever needed for multiple pallets, an arrangement might be within my power.

-cheers

BTW, we just started talking about doing a grain group buy for members. We have a generous brewery that already helps us with projects that will do it for us.

What do you guys pay for a sack when u do a group buy Jon?

brewski_please said:
Hey guys, I live in Pomona about 3 blocks away from the vanguard shop (which is closing down unfortunately) I am also within reasonable driving distance from Calwest as well as Morebeer in riverside - which sells $35 bags of 50lb 2-row.
I am starting a local homebrew club in the northern Inland Empire area, and i know a few of us would be interested in doing a group buy with you guys!

p.s., i am a dispatcher for a trucking company based in Pomona as well, so if transportation is ever needed for multiple pallets, an arrangement might be within my power.

-cheers

$35 sounds awesome. I need this!

Hi Guys, My partner and I have bought what was left of vanguard homebrew in la verne and will be opening shortly under the name SoCal Homebrew... Sack will probably be 39 or 40 and we will be giving 10% off you first visit if you sign up for our email list. you can follow us on instagram at socalhomebrew or facebook at http://www.facebook.com/socalhomebrewing.
For the time being please do not place any orders through the website as we have not taken it over yet and we will not get the order.

Pm me with any questions

Hi guys, we are in the shop and are slowly adding products to the website. We will be in the shop today painting and doing a final inventory count. We are placing a bunch of orders on monday and hoping to have a soft opening next weekend. Check our Facebook for updates and hope to see you there

SoCal Homebrew
2170 Arrow Hwy
La Verne CA 91750

kosmokramer said:
Hi guys, we are in the shop and are slowly adding products to the website. We will be in the shop today painting and doing a final inventory count. We are placing a bunch of orders on monday and hoping to have a soft opening next weekend. Check our Facebook for updates and hope to see you there

SoCal Homebrew
2170 Arrow Hwy
La Verne CA 91750

How much will a sack of 2row and a sack of belgian pilsner be?

We are looking at 40 a sac for the 2 row with 10% of your first visit, im looking through my suppliers for belgian pils but not seeing it,,, is there a specifice malting company pils you would like?

@norubberboots

We are putting together one here in the coming weeks. Check out www.OCcraftbeer.com and click on our brew blog tab, we will be posting more details there as we move forward.

Cheers!

Latest posts

Back