Goodbye

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JoeyChopps

Reaction score
Well I ordered a tower from eBay and it came today. Unfortunately it was taken out of service too soon at the hands of the post office. Everyone raise a pint to a beautiful piece of beer art goon to soon.

JoeyChopps said:
Well I ordered a tower from eBay and it came today. Unfortunately it was taken out of service too soon at the hands of the post office. Everyone raise a pint to a beautiful piece of beer art goon to soon.

Bye

image-2066954261.jpg

No insurance thanks to the seller working a solution with PayPal and the seller right now. Here's what she was suppose to look like.

image-1843556574.jpg

I stopped shipping USPS years ago. I hate not being able to track shipments and they don't accept responsibility for damages.

david_42 said:
I stopped shipping USPS years ago. I hate not being able to track shipments and they don't accept responsibility for damages.

Plus 1 David my wife called about that damage they asked if there was insurance she said no and they pretty much said go fu!k yourself. I'm pissed with the whole situation.

I vowed to stop using usps recently and this thread only reassures my decision. Sick of them losing packages, destroying packages, stealing, and just general lack of any competency.

Hopefully someone at PayPal is a homebrewer and will take pity on you situation.

Well good news I was able to win a new set of porcelain in eBay thanks to ups the new set arrived in one piece. Now my build is back on. Does anyone know a good write up for building a keezer with a porcelain tower on top of the lid?

Plus 1 David my wife called about that damage they asked if there was insurance she said no and they pretty much said go fu!k yourself. I'm pissed with the whole situation.

Um, what did you expect them to say. You didn't have insurance, but we like you and will pay for it? UPS and FedEx will tell you to go pound sand just as fast if you don't have insurance.

Sorry about the pump. She would have been a beauty on top of the build, I'm sure.

JeepDiver said:
Um, what did you expect them to say. You didn't have insurance, but we like you and will pay for it? UPS and FedEx will tell you to go pound sand just as fast if you don't have insurance.

Yup.

UPS and FedEx are profit ventures. USPS is managed by the Federal Government, and should be held accountable at a higher standard.

Here's a picture of the hops I purchased off eBay and had shipped via USPS. I received it today. It was shipped last Monday with an estimated delivery date of 5 days later. It took 12 days to arrive, and 2 of the bags of hops are punctured.

hopspackage.jpg

I have NEVER had UPS or FedEx deliver a package to my door in this shape, and they have always arrived on or within 1 day of the estimated delivery date.

What I expected was for my mail to arrive within a reasonable amount of time, and in the same shape in which the person I bought it from put it in the mail.

The difference is that the USPS is not in danger of going out of business, so they don't have any reason to keep their customers happy.

I won't even get into what a complete nightmare it was trying to figure out what the hell happened to the package for the extra week it was MIA.

It does look pretty sketchy, but I honestly don't think the DEA is that smart.

Not 100% sure on this but I believe UPS and FedEX automatically insure up the first $100 of value. If you declare a higher $ value they will include additional coverage in the shipping price.

Any build treads?

Also for the " did I expect USPS to like me and pay for my stuff" comment. I looked into insurance with USPS and it turns out that they will sell you insurance and if they don't pack the package for you (another service they will charge you for) they will still go out of there way to screw you over. I read plenty of stories that people had put insurance on a package then the broke package was found to not be packed right and the customer was **** out of luck. Also under the same circumstances if the kid bagging your grocerys throws a case of beer on top of your eggs and bread. Do you just think "we'll I didn't have insurance on my milk and eggs oh well. " I sure as hell don't I march my eggs and bread back into the store throw it on the counter and declare I'm getting more. People put up with the
Post office because " theses things happen".

Also I only restarted this thread to see if anybody knew of a good resource for a build of a keezer with the tower on the lid.

Most shipping damage is the result of poor packing. Rough handling is to be expected and planned for. Sure, there are exceptions when it's clear something was way overboard in the handling, but poor packing is still the most common cause.

The number of horror stores I've heard from shipping is pretty equal across the board, with USPS probably somewhat less than UPS and FedEx.

Absolutely! Have you seen some of those UPS delivery videos that were viral on the net last year? Their delivery guys are sometimes gorillas in human suits:mug:

In US operations, UPS handles about 13 million items per day, FedEx about 3 million, and USPS about 550 million.

It's amazing to me there aren't more things lost or damaged than seem to be.

Back