Big milestone

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MisterOJ

Reaction score
For the first time, I was just told in a very annoyed voice, "All this stuff in the kitchen is in my way!" by SWMBO. I feel like I have arrived.:rockin:

I had collected bottles & brewing equipment all over the 1st floor. She started complaining too. So I put my printer on this little shelf on the computer hutch above the place where the tower goes. Then cleaned out my old printer stand (large stand) to put all my brewing stuff in.
I've also collected up enough of the sturdier craft 12 pack boxes with folding flaps to store all my recycled bottles in. They're stacked up in the corner to the right of my now fermenter stand.
Momma's all happy now,especially since I bought that set of 4 nested SS stock pots with lids & steamer trays. All polished & purty. I got the 5G stock pot for me,she got the rest. Just gotta work it!:ban:

I've gotten away with the clutter so far. I did some advance planning and brewed the second batch for the wife.

Now that 5 gallons worth of beer was her request, she hasn't complained about the two fermenters in the kitchen, the 64 full bottles in her sewing room, ingredients in the kitchen cabinets, or the table full of supplies in the basement.

I guess if she starts to get irritated, I can always make her something else.

Guy the trick is to make her brew with you, than she will accept that you take the smallest room in the basement to make a brewery, best deal ever!

Riopel said:
Guy the trick is to make her brew with you, than she will accept that you take the smallest room in the basement to make a brewery, best deal ever!

Agreed 100%. Getting my gf to brew with me was a great move, now she's as excited as I am for the next brewday.

Agreed 100%. Getting my gf to brew with me was a great move, now she's as excited as I am for the next brewday.

For sure! She had fun filling up the bottles that I placed before her so she didn't have to move and did the fun part. Then taking her request for the next brew has her excited. I wonder how long this will go on.. :)

Revlus said:
For sure! She had fun filling up the bottles that I placed before her so she didn't have to move and did the fun part. Then taking her request for the next brew has her excited. I wonder how long this will go on.. :)

The key now is to get her to brew. My girlfriend wanted to make a cherry wheat, so we got the ingredients, and she managed the sanitizing, boiling, and hop additions etc. She loved it, and is already talking about our next brew day. It is pretty awesome when SWMBO is just as excited to brew as I am.

The key now is to get her to brew. My girlfriend wanted to make a cherry wheat, so we got the ingredients, and she managed the sanitizing, boiling, and hop additions etc. She loved it, and is already talking about our next brew day. It is pretty awesome when SWMBO is just as excited to brew as I am.

Way to go!! :ban:

Not sure I'll ever get to your level of brewing nirvana, but I have a new goal. :)

I like this! Her quilting room. Her kitchen. She kicked me out of the kitchen. Now, if your SWMBO or whatever acronym you use, (I use (BC) Ball and Chain), decides to infiltrate the hobby that gives you pleasure. Take heed. It is only a ruse. She is a cat, playing with a mouse! You don't stand a chance. I went as far as getting my SWMBOBC involved in wine making. I figured, if I could get her involved with that hobby, she'd leave me alone. It worked! She moved in with a vintner at Seneca Lake. She never liked beer or my friends, anyway. Like the highly esteemed Psycho-Analyst, Doctor Emilio Gonzo said. "Why make one miserable, when you can make a thousand happy?" Or as Adam said to Eve. "I just ate what?"

Time to get yourself a man cave! I know I'm still wishing for one so I'm not using my bedroom closet for fermenting and conditioning. At least my wife is looking at future houses that have a spare room in the basement to help me move my hobby into a more sterile place. I doubt she'll start bitching since she's the one that took me out to the local HBS and got me started. :D

Back