Favorite Brewing Music

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My local public radio station broadcasts Car Talk and Wait Wait Don't Tell Me after the news when I typically brew on Saturday mornings. Otherwise Kink Aardschok.

Rage Against The Machine and Marilyn Manson all the way down to Coldplay and Old Crow Medicine Show

Personal favorite that is played every brew day is a band i saw randomly at a bar and instantly fell in love with, even though i'm not a big country/bluegrass guy

Last edited by a moderator:
I tend to put 500GB of music on shuffle, buy I really enjoy classics like Zepplin's Houses of the Holy. If my little girl is helping, she always wants to here Nude by Radiohead and To be Young by Ryan Adams.

I also like to listen to my entire collection of Black Keys albums while brewing.

I think my next brew will get some Whitesnake.

DLR, not Hagar, right?

I don't mind some Van Hagar (I personally think Hagar is very cool) But VH was never as cool and original as when DLR was wasted with them boys! Some of the non-radio tunes are fabulous!

But I don't listen to them when I brew. I usually put in Blue Murder, Men at Work (little brewer likes it too), Led Zeppelin, Weird Al, White Lion. Some of that because those are the CDs I have in the garage. If I was smart I'd bring out a laptop and play stuff from my main computer:

Joe Satriani
Steve Vai (Passion and Warfare)
ZZ Top
Rhonda Larson (awesome flute player if you like more mellow tunes. I met her in person once)
Trans Siberian Orchestra
Ratt
Whitesnake
Here Come the Mummies
80's mix (yes, even a couple Culture Club tunes)
Queen (Night at the Opera especially)
The Darkness
Old Metallica
Iron Horse (Fade to Bluegrass)

Depends on what I'm brewing. I play heavier stuff for an IPA. I just don't want my Witbier to become angry. And some Jimi for when I brew an American Stout.

I usually wind up listening to someone playing fallout 3 or fallout new vegas in the living room. It's a Georgian colonial house,so living room/dinette/kitchen is one long room. But,if/when I can,Rammstein,KMFDM, Judas Priest,Front Line Assembly,what I call "old MTV",...I still have my "Headbanger's Ball" T shirt! I even have one of those American flag tank tops like Cheech wore during the OD-40 tour. I also like Stevie Ray,Mr Jimmi,John Lee Hooker,Howlin' Wolf...Long list after these.:mug:

I'll go anywhere from classic/southern rock to some Thrash/Death Metal. It all depends on my mood at the time.

Last Brewday I started with Rebel meets Rebel, then moved to some Black Label Society, followed up by Reign in Blood by Slayer.

We saw Slayer with Ozzy & Priest in '04 at Ozzfest. Kerry King still kicks a$$! Even saw Pantera at the first Ozzfest. Those guys were So good live,they could turn goat wizz into gasoline!

We saw Slayer with Ozzy & Priest in '04 at Ozzfest. Kerry King still kicks a$$! Even saw Pantera at the first Ozzfest. Those guys were So good live,they could turn goat wizz into gasoline!

Reminds me that I need to find some Priest! I never got into them when I was young.

Depends on what im brewing, sometimes i listen to ska and skank through the whole brew session. I want to brew up an inky as night imperial stout and call it My Name Is Mud after the primus song.

i really love listening to some dragonforce when brewing. good brew music. gets me pumped.
and some streetlight manifesto too.

oh, and rush. def +1 to that.

I mean, I only named by dog after Mega Man's dog who is named after rush, afterall... (i also love the band so it works)

kenny wayne shepard / susan tedeschi / super chikan / stevie ray.

love me some blues

I can relate. My playlist includes Emperor, Morbid Angel, Amon Amarth, Deicide, Hate Eternal, Kreator, Sodom, GWAR, Slayer, Devildriver, etc... :rockin:

Hell yea I can get behind this type of playlist too! :rockin:

Pretty fired up to see Amon Amarth do two sets tomorrow night, followed by some bottling on Saturday :mug:

I have a brewday playlist on my ipod. Currently has 267 songs. Ranges from Led and Stones to Devil Makes 3 to SRV to George Straight to Sublime and Calexico. A little bit rock, blues, and even country. All good beer drinking/brewing music.

Mr Crinkle's ale,from Pork Soda brewery!

pork-soda.jpg

Grab yourself a can of pork soda
You'll be feeling just fine
Ain't nothin' quite like sittin' 'round the house
Swillin' down them Cans of swine

pork-soda.jpg

Grab yourself a can of pork soda
You'll be feeling just fine
Ain't nothin' quite like sittin' 'round the house
Swillin' down them Cans of swine

That'd make a cool label! Maybe for a reddish colored rauchbier.? Hello Mr Crinkle! How are you today? Every time I stroll your hood,all those bottles roll my way!

I made a "Brewing music" playlist that has all my [ame=http://youtu.be/x2kdC9LoH68]Poxy Boggards[/ame] [ame=http://youtu.be/IDOCXioedxA]tunes[/ame] on it and Irish Drinking Favorites...SOMEtimes I'll listen to The Beastie Boys, tho.

usually I forget about the music until like an hour left. I am just too focused but it would be either a shuffle of mp3s or pandora of something like

red
dead poetic
day of fire
decyfer down
hopesfall
soil
thornley
mad at gravity
submersed
sent by ravens
etc.....

It's so funny to see the similarities here. Mostly the blues for me, but I also always include:

Stevie Ray Vaughan
Guns n Roses
Early 90's: pearl jam, sound garden, nirvana, stp, aic
Satriani
Huey Lewis and the News
The Beatles
Megadeth

Mostly the blues though.

I usually go with punk or hardcore, but I have been known to brew to Earth, Wind And Fire or even Funkadelic.

Good music is good music regardless of genre.

Back