How about 50,000 lbs of Barley

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fifelee

Reaction score
We just hauled a load to the malt plant. Thought you guys would appreciate some pics. Only 6 more loads to go. Wish we had more at these prices:p
Barley-load-1.jpg

Barley-load-2.jpg

That is awesome! :mug:

I think you are the first home brewer I know of who is enjoying the higher prices!

Can you tell us more about this? Who is the maltster you supply and how much did you produce this year?

olllllo said:
The 15 gallon equipment will be turned into a 2 piece airlock.
Nah, I'm just going to brew 900 times as fast as I can.

There was no option in BeerSmith for a 450 bbl system...

EDIT: Image replaced...my copy of BeerSmith now includes an equipment option for a ridiculous sized brew system. What a colossal waste of time...

Maybe you can borrow a couple PW F100's to achieve the 60-min boil time.

250px-Engine.f15.arp.750pix.jpg

Sounds like a great way for us all to make it into the Guinness Book of World Records. I wonder what the record for largest batch of home brewed beer is.

Certainly nothing over 100 gallons per adult per household...

JamesKY said:
Sounds like a great way for us all to make it into the Guinness Book of World Records. I wonder what the record for largest batch of home brewed beer is.

TerapinChef said:
I have no idea what this is, or why, but I suddenly realize that I really need at least two of them in my garage...SWMBO is going to be P I S S E D !

It's a Pratt & Whitney F100.

We all wish you had more barley at that price, since you have no choice but to pass increases on to us.

Glad to see homebrewing is alive & well all the way up in Montana. I used to live in Malta....not too far from Power.

Do you malt any yourself? or do you get to buy it more direct than we do?

Soperbrew said:
Glad to see homebrewing is alive & well all the way up in Montana. I used to live in Malta....not too far from Power.

Do you malt any yourself? or do you get to buy it more direct than we do?

As you know "not too far" is a relative term in Montana.:) My wife spent a summer in North Dakota and we would meet in Malta. We would camp at a lake north of town (can't recall the name). No home malting yet. I am a new brewer and an still tying to get AG figured out. But I plan on giving it a try someday.

Yeah I'm only doing partials right now, but plan to make the move to AG in the near future. I'm working on making a 5 gallon mash tun as we speak.

Funny you brought up North Dakota. My wife is from Lansford, ND just north of the Minot Airbase. But we live in Texas now.

Back