Atlanta Hop project

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cgreen042389

Reaction score
Just wanted to document my progress (success or failure) with my first attempt at growing... I have ordered 8 rhizomes (Goldings, Chinook, Cascade, Columbus) and will see how each performs. As far as my trellis system i have rigged them to climb up the sides of my brew shed and will have a small picket fence made out of pallets in order to keep the dogs from digging. Will update as progress is made

IMG_8028.jpg

IMG_7957.jpg

If the strings in the photo are all different varieties your going to have a hard time telling one from the other by seasons end.

The plan was to do one varietal on each side of the window and the. Run four more lines for the remaining two on the southern face of the shed

That window will get completely covered in 2 years. Dont no If you care or not being a shed.....

Good to know, I don't particularly care... It was mainly put there because swmbo wanted it there but I appreciate the heads up

2 cascade, 2 columbus, and 1 chinook planted... Others will come tomorrow, if not later this week.

IMG_0364.jpg

IMG_0365.jpg

Unfortunately they all have been beat down by rain over the past week with one more day to go. They are looking kind of sad, I am definitely looking forward to some sun.

Latest posts

Back