What I did for beer today

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yesterday, I enjoyed a Widmer W'12 Saison (impressive and refreshing)

Today, I am picking up bottling supplies at AHS and transferring my 1 gal Vienna/Cascase SMaSH into secondary.

Bottled my BIAB, dark English Mild and brewed a 5G batch of brown ale...

Picked up a growler of beer from a local nano and planted my first 3 rhizomes. I got Cascade, Centenial, and Galena. I also ordered Columbus, Chinook, Glacier, and Hallertau. I might double up on the Cascade as I have 2 rhizomes.

I took the intro to all grain brewing at northern brewer in Minneapolis. Learned a lot of different things I didn't know in relation to all grain and just general brewing! Thanks to the guys at northern brewer for putting on a great class!

Pitched the dregs from a bottle of Bam Noire into a small batch of a pale ale, just to see what happens

dry hopped my Belgian IPA, hydrometer sample points to it being amazing in one long month.

About to go prep my grains and water for tomorrow's Belgian pale wild yeast experiment

Transferred my pale ale to secondary for dry hopping. I ordered some WLp005 after having good experiences with wlp002 and 007 recently. I like the character that English yeast adds.

Just bottled 5 gal cascade pale ale & 5 gal Amarillo IPA. Heating the strike water for a 10 gal batch of Citra IPA....Also gotta rack my Spotted Cow Clone. Busy, busy!!!

image-329813483.jpg

I brewed a 10 gallon citra ipa and bottled five gallons of apa. I also drank the last bottle of my first batch, a robust honey porter, and am building up the yeast.

Brewed an IPA to use up some of the leftover specialty grains I had laying around (including some flaked oats). So we'll see how it turns out.

Put the finishing touches on recipes for my next couple batches.

Drinking a couple homebrews.

Brewed 5 gal NBrewer Baltic Porter extract kit. The ingredients for my all-grain BIAB Belgian WIt are staring me in the face for next weekend!

Right now I'm a little over halfway through the boil on a Scottish Heavy 70/- that I'm hoping to enter in a club Scottish and Irish ales contest next month. The peated malt in it smells fantastic!

Bottled 5 gallons of an American Amber, and made my first attempt at yeast "washing". It was my first recipie from brewing classic styles. Also brewed a gallon version of the English bitter from brewing classic styles.

Racked a gallon of skeeter pee and started another batch on the yeast cake, then made a starter for a lawnmower beer I'll make this weekend (hopefully.)

Ordered my new keg setup last night. Going to convert a fridge to a kegerator. Tonight i Bottled round two of our Belgium Wit ... Hope it's as good as the first!

Cleaned some bottles, and racked my summer wheat onto cucumbers in secondary. Cant wait to try this one out!

Went to morebeer. Bought some ingredients for another ten gallons of Bier munchers Blonde. Hop garden ready to go.

Bought some stuff:
55 lbs CMC 2-Row Pale Malt
50 lbs Briess 2-Row Brewers' Malt
5 lbs Thomas Fawcett Amber Malt (for the DFH90 clone :rockin:)
5 lbs White Wheat Malt
2 packets Notty
2 packets S-04
1 packet US-05
8 oz. Amarillo

Got the first of two steps for a WLP007 starter on the stir plate so the yeast is ready for Sunday's DFH90 brew day.

First attempt at plating and slanting yeast, using what was left in the tube of the WLP007 after pouring it into my starter. Tried for one plate and two slants, but we'll see if it works.

Going to dry hop my IIPA and try my first hand at washing some yeast. Yeehaww!

Planning my brew-cation. I took next week off and I'm brewing three beers! A california common, a breakfast stout and a 10 gallon batch of biermunchers centennial blonde. Also I built a smaller 5 gallon mash tun for some of the smaller beers I like to make.

Had a conversation with our server at dinner about not serving my Half Acre Brewing "Daisy Cutter" in a frosted glass.

Kegged 3 beers, wired up a temp controller for the keezer, and drew out plans for my closeline-style hop trellis build.

Planning my brew-cation. I took next week off and I'm brewing three beers! A california common, a breakfast stout and a 10 gallon batch of biermunchers centennial blonde. Also I built a smaller 5 gallon mash tun for some of the smaller beers I like to make.

Epic. :rockin: Have fun man!

Next weekend will be bottling and brewing for me. Can't wait!

Snuck a taste of my oktoberfest at 3 weeks.
Going to be good!

Cold crashed my 1L starter of Bell's House Yeast (that's right!) in prep for my next brew.

image-182567254.jpg

I'm ashamed to say I sniffed the air lock on my 10 gallons of my chocolate porter today... several times.

I also paid for my bulk group grain buy today and sketched a few different designs for a mash paddle.

Cleaned and refurbished three corny's I picked up in the last few weeks and assembled my Co2 and tap lines. Going to keg for the first time tomorrow, Arctic Blonde :D
Oh, had a few home brews :cross:

Back