Help! I didn't expect to see this.....

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

skeaterbait

Reaction score
This was brewed on 2-2 so we are looking at a touch over two weeks in the primary. I was getting ready to put it to the secondary when I found this under the lid. The smell is fantastic and the color and clarity under the floaters is very nice. Does this just need more primary time to let this settle or can I rack it as is?

2012-02-18 07.04.27.jpg

I checked the gravity and it is at 1.020, OG was 1.050 (if I calculated temp adjustment correctly). Perhaps the fermentation is stuck?

Its not done yet; so leave it be. I seldom use a secondary ever. My primary takes as long as it takes to clear, generally 3 and more like 4 weeks before being moved to the bottling bucket. The floaters are yeast trying to do their job so you will get a reading lower than 1.020. Let them finish and look in another week, you don't have a stuck fermentation. Cheers:)

Back