Where can I buy Galaxy Hops in the United States?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TVarmy

Reaction score
I'm interested in doing an IPA with Australian hops (part of a Team Fortress 2 themed beer series I'm making, and this is to be the Sniper's beer), and I keep coming across Galaxy hops, which sound really intriguing. They taste like "citrus and passionfruit," and have a ton of Alpha acids (14.9%). They're from 2008 according to Wikipedia, and they are so new that Beer Smith didn't have them.

They sound delicious. Is there any way to get those in America? If so, what other hops would you recommend with them (I was thinking maybe Cascade, as they're also citrusy)? I imagine they'd be too expensive to make a single-hop IPA over here.

Failing that, is the Pride of Ringwood still considered a good hop by modern standards? Or are there any other Australian hops that are well suited to making an IPA?

PS: I found out a friend is spending a semester abroad in Australia. How hard would it be for her to bring some hops back with her through customs?

I've got some friends in Melbourne who homebrew. I'll find out if they can locate them and what shipping would cost.

I just received a pound from fresh hops. Arrived in about 3 days, across the entire country. Impressive!

I have no idea what to do with them now though.

anyone know where i can get some galaxy hops in the states this time of the year?

Back