Trader Joes beer?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BA_from_GA

Reaction score
I was at trader joes the other day and saw they have bottles of their own "brand" of trappist ale or abbey ale /something along those lines. comes in corked bottles. Then i saw their brand of 6 packs of other beer styles.

anyone know if these beers are any good? SWMBO and I get their "2 buck chuck" wine all the time and it's great for the price. Just curious if the brews were in the same boat.

Their "Vintage Ale", the corked one, is actually pretty good. There is another thread under the Commercial Brews forum about it.

Sounds like another reason to enjoy making my occasional trips to ATL and Trader Joes. We love the 2 buck chuck.

TJ's Belgians are usually made by Unibroue.

I had it for the first time just the other night at a tasting. It's a great beer for the money.

If you're at Trader Joe's, you'd be remiss not to pick up some Stockyard Oatmeal Stout. It's actually brewed by Goose Island out of Chicago, and at $1 a bottle it's one of the best beers for the buck I've ever had.

all are great examples of their respective styles, from light ****ty beers (red oval and frugal joes) to the unibroues!

Their holiday beer "vintage" is excellent, 9% abv. Made in canada by (well known brewer, starts with UNI) at $4.99 per 750 ml bottle, a great deal.

I put a case in the beer aging closet.

tim

All I know is, Trader Joe's "Simple Times Lager" is delicious. Mmm...

I saw that and the Red Oval today, picked up the Red Oval because it was closer to me than the Simpler Times. For $3 I'm not expecting much, but I also wont be sad about wasting only $3 if it is horrid.

I've had their Mission St. beers, which are brewed by Firestone exclusively for TJ. They were solid. The APA is probably closer to a blonde and the IPA is really an APA, but they are good beers for the price.

I had it for the first time just the other night at a tasting. It's a great beer for the money.

If you're at Trader Joe's, you'd be remiss not to pick up some Stockyard Oatmeal Stout. It's actually brewed by Goose Island out of Chicago, and at $1 a bottle it's one of the best beers for the buck I've ever had.

I will second this. It was suggested to my by an employee there. The only thing that sucks is the fact that they are twist offs:mad:

Boy, I thought this SWMBO person was a poster on here and have been thinking, "Jees, this women REALLY gets around. She seems to be with everyone."

But now I get it.......(hope you enjoyed it as I did.)

I'll have to share that with my SWMBO tonight.

What has me thinking even more is that Trader Joe's and Aldi are the same company. Aldi has some beer and wine in their store too, I wonder if this is the same stuff. I know that a lot of their grocery items are the same and just repackaged between the stores. I wonder if its the same for the beer. I am scared to try it though

What has me thinking even more is that Trader Joe's and Aldi are the same company. Aldi has some beer and wine in their store too, I wonder if this is the same stuff. I know that a lot of their grocery items are the same and just repackaged between the stores. I wonder if its the same for the beer. I am scared to try it though

I did not know they were owned by the same people.

I've got an Aldi that's much closer to me than Trader Joe's. I need to stop in and see what the beer selection looks like.

I had Josephs-Brau Vienna Lager tonight. It was clean and very drinkable, but nothing really stood out about it. The SWMBO loved it though.

Back