Is this wrong?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nickeldeposit

Reaction score
So I'm under the gun. I can feel the pressure mounting on me to finish up. It just seems so wrong right now to be enjoying (I think) all of these beers with a head cold. I'm bottling Sunday afternoon so I'm attempting to tear through some bottles (12) from a local brewery/ pub so I can use there bottles for my fist batch. I swear I feel so guilty but I really can taste what I'm drinking. I mean believe me my head is feeling it but my mouth is being left out because of my sinuses. Please reinforce that what I'm doing is for the overall good of my homebrew. I mean I'm only putting myself through such a physical and emotional gauntlet for after all my homebrew. Quote for the night: "No one ever said that it was going to be easy, but why does it have to taste so good" my tongue to my suffering taste buds. Singing off for more research or is it dedication?:drunk:

Dedication is good.

If you have a cold, you need to make VERY sure that you stay hydrated, and all that beer is gonna work against you on that. You are also putting a lot of unnecessary strain on your body's immune system.

I'm a fan of moderation :) I would probably go dumpster diving for bottles before I would drink that much for the sake of having empty bottles.

naw, that's how John Daly would do it. Whenever I find myself at an impass, I say to myself "What would John Daly do?"

Hope this helps.

I had the same issue with some special beers someone on here sent me before Christmas, I was saving them for Christmas Eve and New Year's eve, but got a severs cold and couldn't smell or taste a standard commercial IPA, so I figured it would be a waste to drink the good ones...

So buy yourself some cheap micro beer or even Bud American Ale (I love using those bottles) that you won't be missing, and save the good stuff for when you can truly savor them.

ok so I think the beer cleared up my cold! Anyway bottled first batch this afternoon and things went well (54 bottles). So I had to give it a taste, well I'll be giving it some time to mature. Didnt really taste like somthing I'd want to drink but I was expecting that. Brewing has become an addiction, love it.

+1. Your body is fighting a virus. Alcohol is not good for that. It can prolong your cold.

;) As my father taught me alcohol is the best medicine. He told me to drink Jack Daniels until I feel better. If you have to drink a lot to make yourself feel better (in most cases if you're genuinley sick it will be enough to cause a hangover the next day), well, you were sick enough to feel like crap the next day anyways. So drink up. Note I'm not a doctor and neither is my father.

Back