lagunitas czech style pilsner clone recipie?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

strider

Reaction score
Hey everyone,
One of my next batchs I'd like to try a clone of the beer in the title. I figure winter is a good time to do my first lager. I am atm extract only. I realize thats not ideal for a czech pils bu oh well. Anyone poibt me in the direction of a good recipie?
-Thanka

Anyone? If no one has a direct clone I'd be open to suggestions for something close. I'd also be open to trying my 1st partial mash w/ this, but don't atm have the equipment for a AG.
-Thanks
John

Thanks 994,
I haven't actually had a Urquell but have been meaning to pick one up. Maybe I'll make a packie run tomorrow and some Urquell a lagunitas and see how they compare. Pils aren't generally my beer of choice but I have found lagunitas to be the perfect summer time out in sun working beer. Refreshing but not boring. My gut instinct is it will have more malt character, but we shall see. The radio show was usefull and gave me ideas. I'm thinking after sampling the 2 back to back I might try going with Jamis recipie but seeing if I can modify it to what I think might get it closer to Lagunitas. Possible a slight be of crystal. That idea came from the other host on the show:) Won't know till I get a side by side of the 2 though.
Thanks
-John

I haven't actually had a Urquell but have been meaning to pick one up.

I would urge you to get to a beer bar and try it on draft. Green bottles are not kind to delicate lagers. Pity that, because I've become enamored with Spaten Premium. Now I will have to make my own Munich Helles if I want one at home.

I think you'll find that Lagunitas Pils is crisper and not as rich as Urquell. I like both, but I'll take an Anchor Steam or Spaten over either.:mug:

Back