My keezer project

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mustangfreak

Reaction score
I just picked up this bad boy from lowes. 6.8 cu ft! :mug:

freezer1.JPG

freezer2.JPG

Nice! What was the price?

Looks like room for 3 cornies and an elevated CO2 tank? (I don't know the dimensions...)

Yes its the Holiday brand, and I'm hoping for 4 cornys with out using the hump and a collar.

I just picked up a temp controller for it!

I went to a local scrap metal yard to look for some kegs, but they didn't have any today.

I've got the 5.0 Holiday and put a collar on it. I can put three kegs in it, but most of the time, it's just the soda water and I run beer lines in from the conditioning cabinet. Summer-time, I like to have a cold session ale on tap, so I'll have two kegs in it.

I present to you, my Beer Chest!

IMG_1427%20(Medium).JPG

It may not look like it, but all 4 kegs do fit in nicely, I already did a test fit to see. Also pictured is 1 Shiner Bohemian Black Lager, 1 Pyramid Hefewiezen, 1 Sam Adams White Ale, and a 12 pack of Newcastle ( :bang: ) and the Mr Beer bottles have my October fest, and the other bottles, have my Guinness Extra Stout clone, which is very ****ing good. :drool:
IMG_1429%20(Medium).JPG

IMG_1430%20(Medium).JPG

Tonight I'll be putting my American Wheat in the keg, force carbonate it, and tomorrow I'm sure I'll become impatient and pull a pint in the evening. I'll post pics when I do!

It may not look like it, but all 4 kegs do fit in nicely,
You're right, it doesn't look like it. When I looked at the picture I thought, okay, two kegs -- maybe three -- and the CO2 and that will be it. It looked like two front & back would be a tight squeeze if it worked at all. Glad they all fit.

Rick

I got around to putting in all 4 kegs. It's a tight fit, and it'll be a pain in the butt to lit four full kegs in, but it'll be worth it.

Very left has an American Wheat, and the very right has Ed's Apflewien.
4kegs.JPG

Back