What kit to purchase

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Limited Visibility

Reaction score
I am getting a home brewing kit for my 22nd birthday from my girlfriend, and I was just wondering what type of kits would be good to get and where. I was thinking a kit from monster brew. Has anyone had any success with this brand?

start with a mr. beer then work your way up.

you have to work for it dude.

cola said:
start with a mr. beer then work your way up.

you have to work for it dude.

What? Why would you tell him to get that? Getting Mr. Beer will just hold you over for so long. You'll want a better setup in no time. I'd get something similar to the kit in mule's post. I think most of us probably started with a kit like that one. My initial kit had a carboy and a ferm. bucket rather than a ferm. bucket and a bottling bucket.

On startup you'll also need sanitizer, big kettle, and your ingredients for your first batch. Eventually bottles too.

Remember, you can make great beer with any kit, but like most of us you'll probably end up sinking lots more money into your new and awesome hobby.

Check your LHBS too. Thats where I got mine.

I just looked over the kits and I picked the one that I like. I am going through the midwest supplies and the first beer that I am getting for my brewing is the Big River Brown Ale... has anyone tried this beer before?

Back