First draft of my logo

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HHP

Reaction score
OK,

The wife and I came up with this for our first draft of our logo ... opinions?

Mason%20Beer%20Lab.jpg

I'm not crazy about it. I'd choose a different font, and I'd make all three words the same font. The flasks are good, but the multi-color bubbles...eh. I'd make them cartoon monochrome bubbles with a single-pane glass reflection, kinda like these, but make the bubbles perfectly round and ditch the shading. Or maybe leave the shading in and see how that looks.

draw-bubbles-800x800.jpg

I agree with LandoLincoln... Might be just too much going on here with the different fonts, colored bubbles and flasks (I do like the flasks). You may also want to consider putting it in a traditional oval or a round border so that it can stand alone on different label designs without worrying as much about making sure all of the label matches well with the logo...

My avatar is my logo (man there are a lot of dog themed brewing names!). It is real easy to swap some colors around on the labels to make it all work easily...

Resolution APA.jpg

Kentucky Puppy Porter.jpg

Throw a Dog a Stone IPA.jpg

I see the image OK. I like the concept but I agree with the font comments. I like the lab/sciency theme - can you find a font to match that? Also, a quick google search for beaker with black&white filter on pulls up a bunch of images that you could include that might fit what you are looking for. Love the idea though, hope you post the final product!!

I really like the concept as well. A few things to think about...everything seems to be floating and not anchored due to no background; maybe add a green lined graph paper like background (which might add some color too). 2 fonts is defintiely as much as you would want to do with this one (one might be better), but the font choices might be looked at; maybe an old typwriter look, or have the "beer" look like an ink stamp. Just some ideas. Good luck and good job!

Back