Re-dryhop?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

borden

Reaction score
So just over three weeks ago I brewed an SNPA extract kit from Midwest, adding a pound of light DME late in the poil to bulk it up a little (also used Wyeast 1272 FWIW). Fermentation seemed to go pretty well, and I took a sample at about 2 weeks with the SG reading coming in around 1.010, right on target. At that point, I threw a handful of amarillo pellet hops into the primary to add some more citrusy flavors to it. Plus, I have a big bag of them in the freezer and need to do something with them.

Anyway, I was planning on bottling now, a week after adding the dry hops. But I just don't think I'll have time today or at all before US Thanksgiving weekend (going to be out of town for a week).

Any thoughts on whether it's worth adding more dry hops again before I go out of town late this week? That would mean I'd come home and bottle a week after adding more. If I *don't* add any more dry hops, I'll be bottling almost 3 weeks after adding that first handful, which seems like a long time...

I know there's no right or wrong answer. Just curious to hear what other homebrewers would do.

I recently left a beer with Amarillo dry hops for 4 months. Tasted great. I didn't do it on purpose, I just didn't get around to bottling for a while.

Latest posts

Back