Intercontinental Pub Crawl / Homebrew Event

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi Everyone,

This year I am once again organizing a world-wide pub crawl to take place on the 27th May, and am trying to get as many people as possible interested and excited about having a beer that day for no good reason other than our mutual love of a drink or two.

Already there are 57 venues, in 20 cities, in 9 countries on 5 continents taking part.

5 American cities are currently participating, with Seaside Heights New Jersey leading the way with a crawl of 9 bars being undertaken. In Europe, Exeter has the biggest crawl with 12 bars being visited. Australia currently has the most cities [six] and the biggest individual crawl [17 pubs in Melbourne]. Africa is being led by Pretoria, and some enterprising locals in Ulsan South Korea have come on board with a 6 bar crawl. The latest, and perhaps most exotic city to join was Kabul in Afghanistan.

To be clear we are not trying to make any money, or push any agenda other than the fact that we think it is kind of cool to be drinking with as many people in as many places around the world as possible on the same day.

What to do if you want to be involved? – Well either just reply here at the forum, or drop us a mail at [email protected]. To check out something like the full list of participating bars go to www.geocities.com/pyssedas/crawl_2006 If you want to take part just let us know where you will be drinking on the day. Bars, pubs, lounge rooms and sheds are all perfectly acceptable. And of course tell your friends about this exciting event.

Hope to have all of last year’s participants from the forum back again, and to meet as many new friends as possible

Cheers

oddly enuff I have a home brew party planned for that day. I have 9 cases of home brew I need GONE so I can brew some more. SWMBO has made it very clear I can buy any more bottles . . . well not very clear . . . she said I better not let her catch me buying more bottles :mug:

Add of course it would excellent to have WI on board too - sadly over the Australian summer i found a marvellously effecient way to dispose of homebrew - one of the shelves in my storage cabinet collapsed depriving me of many well aged bottles

on a positive note many of them were the notorious chicken beer that perhaps the world is better off without...

I think I like this idea... If the brewpubs around the world would unite...

FREESTYLE BREWING FOR EVERYONE!!!

Sinister laugh as i fade into an alcoholic haze...

Bwhaahaaahaaahaaahaaa!!!

Pardon me, I've been drinking... ;)

Ize

In this week’s Friday Pub Crawl Update:
  • Africa catches the spirit of the crawl
  • Scandinavia gets on board
  • Man travels 3456 kms to get to crawl
  • T-shirt orders slow…
  • South America & Antarctica remain recalcitrant
Hi Everyone,

With one week left before we have to finalise the t-shirt design [and that timeline cannot be extended] we currently have 5 continents, 11 countries, 32 cities and 73 venues participating. If you are not sure whether you are included yet check out the crawl website - http://www.pyssedas.com/gipc2006.html ! If you have been putting off getting your friends or family involved tarry no longer – the time to invite them is now!

Africa catches the spirit of the crawl:
Thanks to the worthog brewers collective things are really rocking on the African continent this week – as well as many new venues in their leading crawl city of Pretoria, we now have venues in Boksburg, Eastern Cape and Erasmuskloof. Africa now overtakes Asia in terms of the number of cities and the number of venues which will be crawling on the 27th.

Scandanavia gets on board:
Our new country of the week is Norway, where drinkers will gather at Stolen in Oslo on the 27th for a brew or two. Over 17,000 km away in the regional Australian city of Bendigo drinks will be on at The Golden Vine hotel. Back in Europe things are almost certain to be messy at the Oxford Summer Eights rowing carnival where Dan is planning to drink at as many boathouses as he can find!

Man travels 3456 kms to get to crawl:
Special mention is surely deserved by Kenneth who has posted over at the Pub Crawl organising forum - http://www.pyssedas.com/forum/forum.asp?FORUM_ID=2 that he is going to fly from Perth to Melbourne [apparently 3456 kms although that number seems to good to be true] to join the Melbourne crawl! Outstanding effort that…

T-shirt orders slow:
Currently we have only 8 people who have said they want t-shirts – if you want one [or more] please let me know – with such tight timelines there is no time to waste

South America & Antarctica remain recalcitrant:
With only one week left we are yet to locate brewers or drinkers in either of these fine continents – please please please if you have contacts there encourage them to take a brew with us on May 27th

In your brief Monday Update:
  • Antarctica joins the crawl
  • Londons announce their crawls
  • US & Australia tied for most cities on the crawl
Antarctica joins the Crawl:
Huzzah – we finally have Antarctica on the crawl. After years of trying not one, but two bars in the Antarctic joined over the weekend. We welcome the Penguin Pub at Palmer Station, and the Dodgy Bastard Bar at Ninety Degrees South. Now for South America…

Londons Announce their Crawls:
Talk about not one but two… Two Londons confirmed their venues over the weekend, with Kirsty in England planning 12 pub crawl, and Dogger Dan in Canada attempting 4 venues and a game of golf – well done guys!

US & Australia tied for most cities on the crawl:
Over the weekend New Haven in Connecticut and Warren in Michigan signed up for the crawl bring the US level with Australia on 9 cities/towns participating. England is on 4, with South Africa on 3 cities.

All up we have 87 venues in 36 cities in 13 countries on 6 continents involved – the t-shirt design is coming together [we have 14 expressions of interest in shirts] thanks to all people who are telling their friends and getting more places involved!

• 48 hours left to contribute to t-shirt design
  • Brisbane Australia goes silly!
  • 6 continents – 13 countries – 38 cities – 119 venues
  • Souvenir booklet contributions
48 hours left to contribute to t-shirt design:
Thanks to everyone who has been encouraging their friends to join in the crawl – it is growing really quickly at the moment – we need the names of all cities and venues who wish to be included on the t-shirt design by close of business Friday Australian time [ie about 48 hours from now] Once again – anyone who can convince people in South America to join in that would be great.

We can produce and send t-shirts anywhere in the world for $22 australian which is the same price as last year – but you need to let us know you want one ASAP [email protected] - the t-shirt design will be freely available to anyone who wants to print their own elsewhere in the world.

Brisbane goes silly:
Brisbane, Australia has taken the lead for the single biggest crawl in a city, with a list of 21 pubs to be attempted. Last year Brisbane crawled by ferry, happily they seemed to have decided on more conventional transport this year.

6 continents – 13 countries – 38 cities – 119 venues:
While South America continues to disappoint the interest from the Antarctic is spectacular – thanks to all the guys and girls down there who answered my odd emails in the beginning. Africa too is continuing to expand with another three cities, Sandton, Randburg and Midrand joining up. This moves the African total past that of Asia, and starting to close in on Europe. Both Auckland and Oslo have added more venues to their crawls. 119 venues is more than we had last year – it would be great if we could hit 150

Souvenir booklet contributions:
We are trying to put together a souvenir booklet – free to anyone who wants it – for this year’s crawl – if anyone has photos, memories of last year’s crawl [yeah right] descriptions of their homebrew clubs, anything at all really – that we can include we’d love to see it. Either mail it to us or contribute it over at the crawl forum - http://www.pyssedas.com/forum/forum.asp?FORUM_ID=2

Sweet. Actually it is the same weekend as the Japan Craft Beer Festival in Osaka. May 27 and 28. I'll be going both days.

Not yet Pastor - but it would be great if you wanted to add Albuquerque's fine name to the list!

Interestingly enough though Prague just joined

Its pretty simple - in fact you can consider Albuquerque added if you like -if you can let us know the names of the venues [whether bars/homebrew clubs etc] where you will be we can add that too

If you want to be more involved you can then try to organise other people in Albuquerque to come along and drink with you - or even betterer start to email it to your friends in the US and around the world

if you want to contribute to the souvenir booklet [ie write 100 words or so about yourself/your brews/the bars you will visit] you can either mail it to us, or put it up at the crawl forum [both listed here previously]

any other ways you can think ofto be involved would of course be welcomed too -essentially the more involved you want to be - you can be!

cheers and welcome on board

Huzzah, huzzah huzzah! With only 24 hours left to confirm the design of the t-shirt we have conquered our seventh, and final, continent.

We welcome The Adventure Brew Hostel in La Paz, Boliva to the crawl!.

In addition to La Paz we also welcome Osaka, Prague, and Albuquerque [there’s a sentence you don’t often get to write].

As well as 1 new venue in Brisbane, 3 new venues in Bendigo, 20 new venues in Denver and 2 new venues in Portland, Oregon.

If there are more cities and venues, t-shirt orders etc please let us know about them ASAP!

Hi Everyone,

Just a quick update on the pub crawl.

We currently have 158 venues in 44 cities in 16 countries on 7 continents participating – but there is still time to be involved. The crawl of course is not until May 27th!

In recent days we have welcomed a third Antartic base, McMurdo on board, as well as a second crawl in Seattle and Deer Lake Charlie’s in Minnesota.

If you want to be more involved you can be, we are putting together a souvenir booklet [to be distributed for free] of the crawl, if you want to contribute either photos or even better text [a couple of hundred words on who yous are, what you will do on day etc e tc] that would be great

The first run of t-shirts should be coming off the presses on Thursday, to be mailed to the world immediately. There may be a second run – depending on if there is any demand – if you want the designs so you can print your own drop us an email.

Don’t forget to let your friends all around the world know about the crawl – and check out the forum - http://www.pyssedas.com/forum/forum.asp?FORUM_ID=2

Work on the souvenir booklet is just about complete - if you have not yet sent your hard copy address to us please do so [unless you are on the Melbourne crawl] so that you can recieve your copy. [If you require more than one please indicate] They are free, colourful and full of nothing useful at all.

Melbourne Crawlers please RSVP either to me or via the forum - http://www.pyssedas.com/forum/forum.asp?FORUM_ID=2 - precise details including starting times etc can be negotiated there too!

Latest addition to the list Muntinlupa in the Phillipines!

Back