So who's brewing this weekend?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Brewed a Hoppy Bday IPA on Saturday for my bday, with Amarillo and Simcoe - split 10g and put half on Westmalle Hi Grav Trappist yeast.

Happy BDay! I brewed a BlackHook clone yesterday to celebrate mine. No better present I can give myself, IMO!!
:mug:

I got in a 60l ESB brew at the weekend, the first one I've done in a while, I also crushed my own grains for the first time and used WLP002 for the first time also.

Brewed 5 gallons of my house pale this weekend. Also got 2 lagers into secondary. Finally have my fermentation freezer back up to capacity.

djfriesen said:
Happy BDay! I brewed a BlackHook clone yesterday to celebrate mine. No better present I can give myself, IMO!!
:mug:

Thanks, happy bday to you as well! I'd have to agree, there's no better present to myself, and no better way to spend my bday :mug:

Not to mention the cards won the world series the day before! It was a good weekend!

Im brewing my Crazy Betty's Sweet Potato Pie Ale tonight! check out my recipe on my profile. I'm toning down the spice.

Could you pm me the link to the recipe? I'm on my phone now and can't open it! I really don't want to forget about it!

It has been done PM sent. Also find my thread under the recipe section.

Crazy Betty's Sweet Potato Pie Ale

Brewing up a home malted dunkle right now.

Everyday is Sunday when you're unemployed ;)

Just got done doing a cross between BM's centennial blonde and the Squeeze My Lemon Summer Blonde recipe with additional modifications. Used 3.5# 2 row, 3# pils, 1# flaked maize, 12 oz carapils, 6 oz crystal 40, and the hops schedule from the centennial blonde recipe. Used s-04. Starting gravity 1.044. So far so good.

Just brewed an IIPA this past weekend. My in-laws were in town so a very nice excuse to get outside :ban:

1.088 OG. :drunk:
73.4 IBU (with a fair ammount of late hopping)
9.7 SRM

I am, I am! Just whipped up a starter for Denny's Fave 50. I am planning to brew an oatmeal stout and then dose it with cold brewed coffee in the secondary. I will probably give some South Jersey flavor by using Wawa coffee. I am debating on using cocoa powder or cocoa nibs for a hint of chocolate, ala Founders.

Did a batch yesterday (back a page or so on the thread) and hope to do another batch on Saturday. Thinking about either a traditional English IPA or maybe a Sierra Nevada Celebration Ale clone. Hm, decisions decisions.

I'll be brewing a willamette EPA on friday afternoon to start the weekend

doing my Great Lakes Christmas Ale clone tomorrow night! If it goes smooth might do a session beer on Friday! (i got 1/2lb of cascade and 1/2lb willamette for cheeeeep)

With all the FWH posts lately, i'ma try a side-by-side session to see if I can tell the difference btwn FWH and non-FWH brew. Simple grain bill, one hop only. Probably Columbus since I have some extra.

"All your home brew are belong to us!"

Scotch ale this weekend, pitched oak, malting and lambic blend in a klosch and Graham cracker brown ale last night as an experiment. All brett beer next weekend, brett b vs brett l

Barleywine on Sunday. Originally was supposed to be an attempt to clone Mirror,Mirror but since my LHBS was out of Maris Otter, I decided to change it all up.

I'm brewing two experiment batches... Herr Flick and Frau Helga... 11# Munich and 11# Vienna respectively plus 8oz Special B...low IBUs. I want to learn the malts and how they blend with the Special B.

I MIGHT also brew a BMC-ish ale this weekend if I have time and feel like it. I have the grains and all, but three beers in one weekend can be tough. I need to make time to bottle my brown ale soon as well. :confused:

Brewed a NB Surely Bender today. First time using a starter. Happily bubbling away after 3 hrs. Love it.

Trying to wake up a washed 1272 from almost a year ago, and a Wyeast pack of 1882 from March. 2 carboys of Amber to use the different yeasts.

A buddy coming over to brew a porter.

Dave

Brewing this stout on Saturday:

stoutrecipe.jpg

Back