Peak-to-Peak ProAm- March 27 (ride from Denver?)

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jamesnsw

Reaction score
Anyone entering? Anyone going?

I entered two of my beers, more for feedback than medals. I'm interested in stewarding, but the wife has the car on Saturday. So if anyone is going up from Denver, I'd love to talk about catching a ride. The 2 1/2 hours on bus doesn't sound good to me :)

I entered my Premium Bitter, but also won't be going. I will be brewing a doppelbock at a brew-in that day.
Good luck all!

I entered 6 beers, and I plan on attending that evening (And visiting the breweries in Longmont that day) but unfortunately, I'm coming from the other direction...

Second competition for me- mostly for feedback, but I sure would like a pro-am sponsor

Looking like I will be bottling on Sunday... I definitely need to, so no complaints here :).

Best of luck to everyone- doesn't look like we have too many overlapping categories.

Was that you with a 3rd place on your CMC wheat, Durango?
Anyone else get anything?
Here are the results.

Looking forward to the responses I got.

Got mine today. My fears came true- they got my second gusher bottle :). Got a 14 on that one (the Irish Red). I wonder what I would have gotten on a normal bottle. Got a 24 on the Blueberry Mild, mostly due to what they pinpointed as an infection, probably from the blueberry addition.

The judges did a good job, I think, of pointing out specific flaws in the beers, which is what I entered for.

Now I get the fine job of cracking these beers open, and really making sure I understand what the judges are saying, which despite their low scores, is definitely a drinkable treat.

Then, to apply the learnings to future brews!

Got mine last night too. Looks like I had a bottling issue as well. Got some oxidation remarks giving it a 27.

Still no notes here yet.....mail takes 5+ days longer to get here (they bring it by horse I think) and we cant get Denver TV! Good thing it's pretty here!

Back