Counter Flow Questions

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gwynclan

Reaction score
does anyone know much about Using a Counter Flow in a gravity system? do you need to filter out the troub and hops from the boil , before i gravity feed to chiller to my fermenter

Yes you do otherwise it will clog and you will have a very heavy pot full of near boiling liquid (ask me how I know this). use a hop bag and then just whirl pool for the hot break and you should be fine that is what I normally do anyways.

I second the hop bag. Go to Lowes or Home Depot and pick up a few cheap paint bucket strainers. They are the exact same thing that you would buy from a homebrew shop for like 1/4 the price. They only last for a few brews but they are cheap enough to throw away.

Thanks I just used my chiller this weekend on my first brew and can't believe how well it works, over 200 deg going in 65 deg coming out in 25 ft of chiller.:ban:

Back