• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to HomeBrewTalk and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

New York Celis & Deschutes Pint glasses for sale

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pivzavod

Reaction score
I recently moved and wanted to get rid of extra stuff.

Deschutes Brewery pint (2) - $8 for both

Celis Belgian Style pint (2) - $10 for both

29lb4zk.jpg

Reasonable Fedex shipping ($7-10 depending on location), I will be shipping from work and get a discount. I sold glasses here before and everyone was happy.

I recently moved and wanted to get rid of extra stuff.

Deschutes Brewery pint (2) - $8 for both

Celis Belgian Style pint (2) - $10 for both

Reasonable Fedex shipping ($7-10 depending on location), I will be shipping from work and get a discount. I sold glasses here before and everyone was happy.

Your prices may be a bit high for most takers as new glasses are the same price at the brewery and I bet the shipping would be cheaper too.

http://store.deschutesbrewery.com/e...t_num=123&estore=deschutes&category=Drinkware

Your prices may be a bit high for most takers as new glasses are the same price at the brewery and I bet the shipping would be cheaper too.

http://store.deschutesbrewery.com/e...t_num=123&estore=deschutes&category=Drinkware

Didnt your parents teach you - if you dont have anything positive to say keep your mouth shut? I didnt know it was a crime to offer things for sale for the same price as other places. Last time I was sending stuff via Fedex 2 Day for less than slower Fedex Ground.

My glasses are brand new, I only use glasses for breweries I support and I had these left over from my last sale here on HBT.

He did have something positive to say. He is positive you are selling used glasses for brand new retail price. And being a bit of an ass about it.

He did have something positive to say. He is positive you are selling used glasses for brand new retail price. And being a bit of an ass about it.

I am selling new glasses, learn how to read before you make false assumptions. I am not being an ass about it. I think a guy who is intentionally blocking the sale from a forum member is an ass. Instead of supporting HBT community he is encouraging buying from other sources based on his assumptions, not facts.

Your statements are based on assumptions of another individual. Please learn to mind your own business if you dont know the facts. The fact that I am selling new Deschutes glasses for the same price as they sell on their website should not be a reason for me to be persecuted by ****** bag police. We live in a capitalist country, everyone is free to set whatever price they want. Intentionally attempting to block a sale based on assumptions is wrong.

You're absolutely right and on the spirit if the rules of this forum I will refrain from making comments unless they are to show my interest in the product offered. So here goes...

Hi, I'm interested in the glasses you are selling. I would like to see pictures and I have a question before I buy these. I noticed these are the same price as I can buy them directly from the brewery so is there a particular reason why I should buy them from some dude I don't know who tells people to shut thier mouths when they point out obvious truths instead of the brewery where I am pretty certain to get what I paid for?

You're absolutely right and on the spirit if the rules of this forum I will refrain from making comments unless they are to show my interest in the product offered. So here goes...

Hi, I'm interested in the glasses you are selling. I would like to see pictures and I have a question before I buy these. I noticed these are the same price as I can buy them directly from the brewery so is there a particular reason why I should buy them from some dude I don't know who tells people to shut thier mouths when they point out obvious truths instead of the brewery where I am pretty certain to get what I paid for?

People did not point out obvious truths. They stated the following:

1) That they glasses are used - FALSE
2) Assumptions that I will charge more for shipping - FALSE

I just shipped something with my work discount - 2 day Fedex (not slower Ground) for $5.62. Granted it was not as heavy as 2 pint glasses but good luck getting 2 Day Fedex for that price from the brewery. I just priced out and they are charging $11.24 to ship 2 pint glasses for Fedex Ground and $28.39 for Fedex 2 day.

I just checked my Paypal from 2010 when I last sold some glasses here on HBT. One guy paid $20 for 3 glasses with Fedex 2 day included in the price. Another guy paid $16 for 2 pint glasses with Fedex 2 day included.

I told people to keep their mouth shut when they post assumptions and not facts.

I have to agree with seller, he is trying to sell something beer related for what ever price he wishes. If you are not interested in buying what he is selling for how ever much money move on! You have no business here! Do you hang out side of used car lots and talk crap to the salesman?

See, that's where I disagree. I understand the whole fair market concept and no, I would not interfere in a used car salesmans pitch. However, I think of this as a community, not a car lot. If someone came to my house or my place a business and tried to sell something to my family or friends that I thought was a poor deal I would certainly say so. I feel the same here. Saying someone's stuff is junk is disparaging. Pointing out the simple fact that it is priced at retail is simply stating the truth.

See, that's where I disagree. I understand the whole fair market concept and no, I would not interfere in a used car salesmans pitch. However, I think of this as a community, not a car lot.

Then respect the community's rules:

4. No disparaging remarks are allowed in a Classified thread. If you think someone's goods are junk, priced to high, etc, keep it to yourself. No one is forcing you to buy anything and the market will take care of itself. Neither is a Classified thread normally a good place to carry on an extended discussion. It is not a typical thread but is someone's advertisement, and you should be extra-respectful of a Classifieds thread.

Back