What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My Islay Scotch Ale. I'm probably gonna enter it in the NHC despite being on the young side, but I'm unsure where to go. It's both peated and oaked (soaked in Laphroaig first), and both are strong flavors, so I don't know whether to go Smoked Beer or Wood Aged beer. I'm leaning towards Wood Aged.

My first taste of Surly ... and I like it a lot! :mug:

image-71910919.jpg

That hop mana isn a bad beer for 4.99 a bomber

Ok I'll have to pick up a couple next time I'm in there. They do have some good prices in that place. Laguntias bombers are 3.99 regular price and 3.29 when on sale (I'm the guy that fills up my cart when the Lucky 13 bombers come to town)

My Islay Scotch Ale. I'm probably gonna enter it in the NHC despite being on the young side, but I'm unsure where to go. It's both peated and oaked (soaked in Laphroaig first), and both are strong flavors, so I don't know whether to go Smoked Beer or Wood Aged beer. I'm leaning towards Wood Aged.

I've wondered about that to. If I enter a strawberry rhuabrd berliner weisse, is it a fruit beer or a vegetable beer? I sure hate the BJCP.

Ok I'll have to pick up a couple next time I'm in there. They do have some good prices in that place. Laguntias bombers are 3.99 regular price and 3.29 when on sale (I'm the guy that fills up my cart when the Lucky 13 bombers come to town)

If they have a discount lambic section, let's talk.

Modus Hoperandi while cooking Valentine's dinner and Hopadillo with dinner. Both awesome beers I was able to get a hold of in a trade from BeerForum.

Is that Qhrumpf on the can?

Thunder_Chicken said:
SWMBO picked up another 12 pack on the way home from work. Happy Valentine's Day baby, yeah!

That ought to hold you for the night. ;)

I've wondered about that to. If I enter a strawberry rhuabrd berliner weisse, is it a fruit beer or a vegetable beer? I sure hate the BJCP.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rhubarb

Apparently while it's technically a vegetable, it's considered in the US as a fruit. Much like a tomato is technically a fruit, but considered a vegetable (not just for culinary purposes, but as far as I'm aware, for taxes/import purposes for both cases).

Is that Qhrumpf on the can?
Yeah, that's me. Hah.

My Irish Red. Really glad the wife doesn't like this one cause I'm really diggin it. I need to stop hitting the keg and give the chill haze more time to clear and keep emptying my bottles to make room for another keg in the fridge though.

ForumRunner_20130214_181810.jpg

I am trying the rye APA from the newest brewery in Madison. Karben 4, which is a mile from my office, makes a nice brew; actually, their session ale is pretty good, too.

Earlier:

image-320138676.jpg

Then some Hb Brett dark ale

Now:

image-3443407783.jpg

My sweetie likes sours. Enjoying the La Roja with some southern fusion cuisine for dinner. Sweet tea brined green curry glazed chicken and sticky rice

Latest posts

Back