• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to HomeBrewTalk and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

California 10 Gallon kettle brand new in box

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

marcb

Reaction score
I accidentally (I know!) purchased three of these online and only need 2. The 3rd one is new in the box, never opened. It is a 10 gallon kettle fitted with 4, 1.5" TC fittings, and 1, 4" TC fitting. These can be used as brew kettles, stills, etc. I am actually using them to build a sanke keg washer. It is a Chinese kettle and comes with 1, TC ball valve. $140 plus shipping.

image-51387356.jpg

marcb said:
No Clue, I'll take some measurements of the box and weight... Sorry, I don't ship stuff often.

So the dimensions are 14" deep x 24.5" tall and 18.5lbs, feel free to evaluate shipping charges from 95050

I am also planing on building a Sanke keg washer. Can you post some details on your keg washer? My thought was to use a short Sanke 1/4 barrel keg but I like your idea better. Is this kettle still available?

BobM said:
I am also planing on building a Sanke keg washer. Can you post some details on your keg washer? My thought was to use a short Sanke 1/4 barrel keg but I like your idea better. Is this kettle still available?

New build thread will be starting up this week although I have already exceeded my project budget of $500! Lots of pics and gruesome details forthcoming.

Would make a cool Grant. Post where you got these, please. If your deal falls through im interested.

Why "T" type valves?

With respect to the valve on the inlet to the pump, won't this allow mixing of the solutions in the CIP and sanitizer solutions?

Why "T" type valves?

With respect to the valve on the inlet to the pump, won't this allow mixing of the solutions in the CIP and sanitizer solutions?

Brewers hardware has a special T type valve that rotates 360 degrees:

This is one of the most unique valves I've come across. The handle and ball rotate 360* in the seat. The passages of the ball itself are drilled through as well as a single perpendicular 'tee' port. This gives you four different flow options. As expected, the valve can flow from A to C or from B to C, but it can also be set to flow from A to B, blocking off C or it can have all 3 ports open, A to B and C. This is a great feature for cleaning and/or draining your system. Made from 304 stainless steel and has 1" tri clover flanges on the connections.

Back