I feel like i hit lotto

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Glynn

Reaction score
I went to the brew and grow in Roselle today to get my monthly supply's only to find they didn't have my malts. so after a little grumbling on my behalf i picked out what i needed to make it work and decided to see if they had on hand any ekg and fuggles for a brew i was planing down the road. When i opened the cooler right before my very eyes was a brand new shipment of Amarillo leaf hops. that totally made up for not having my malts in stock.

Nice find, but I really can't stand the Roselle Brew & Grow. They have sold me expired yeast multiple times and don't have a great selection of anything really. Plus my brewery efficiency always seems to be lower when I use their products compared to when I order from Northern Brewer. I think it is because their grain sits on the shelf collecting dust for way too long.

Nice find, but I really can't stand the Roselle Brew & Grow. They have sold me expired yeast multiple times and don't have a great selection of anything really. Plus my brewery efficiency always seems to be lower when I use their products compared to when I order from Northern Brewer. I think it is because their grain sits on the shelf collecting dust for way too long.

I have not had any problems yet with yeast i only do wyeast and it has always been dated the month i bought it. i just bought dennys favorite and it had a july 2012 made date on it. as for malt i grind it myself at the store to my specs so my eff is where i want to be last batch i had a 78% eff. plus they always have free beer samples :rockin: they had a very tasty brew called gooball which was supposed to be a clone of gumballhead how close it was i cant tell you i've never had gumball but it tasted great

I crush my own grains. I know it seems weird but no joke every time I use their products my efficiency is off a couple points.

I used to use thier grinder but I found that my efficiency was not consistent. I bought my own mill and this cleared that right up. As for thier malt, I don't know if I love Cargill, or Shreier, which is what they used to carry. They always seem to have all the hard to find hops in both leaf and pellets. I see Citra, Simcoe and Amarillo there on a consistent basis.

Latest posts

Back