Burner size

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Brewer3401

Reaction score
I'm looking to scale up to 15.50 gallon equipment, and also building a brew shed.

I can get either 10 jet or 23 jet propane burners.

Can anyone convince me that I need the 23 jet burners ?

Oh I think that we can put a pretty good argument on why you need a bigger burner.

1) Bigger is always Better.
2) It will be more impresive when you have people over if you have a bigger burner.
3) Other homebrewers will be envious of your bigger burner.

Cheers

I'm restricted to using Propane, so I was thinking the 10 jet would conserve fuel better.

My current setup is 12.50 gal brew pot with close to 11 gallons when I begin.

I have used my 10 jet natural gas burner, and while slower, can still boilover easily if I don't watch it.

Just finished brewing, and ordered 3 - 10 jet propane burners. I know I gaylorded on this, but I started out with a 10 jet natural gas burner and it worked really nice.

I can always swap out later if it's too gaylord.

Bobby_M said:
The 23's are overkill for a keg. On high, the flame shoots out and up the sides.. big waste. Interested in selling the NG 10-jet one?

I use the 23 jet for crawfish (25 gal pot), and the 10 jet for shrimp (7 gal pot).

This guy has them in NG and propane.

You may want to negotiate the freight with him. He starts out a tad on the high side.

http://krazykajuncookware.com/index.html

Back