World Market Store

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BrewProject

Reaction score
Today I went by a local store called World Market. Some of you may have heard of it. It is similar to a Pier One Imports (that kinda store). Well here locally, my store sells beer and wine.

A guy at work told me about the beer section, so I went to check it out. You can buy single beers or 6 packs. There is a really good variety of specialty/micro brewery beers. So I picked up the following to sample:

Celis - Raspberry
Sierra Nevada - Wheat Beer
Buffalo Bill - Pumpkin Ale
Rogue - Dead Guy Ale
New Belgium - Skinny Dip
Pyramid - Hefe Weizen

There are many, many beers to choose from and as my brew skills progress I intend on sampling quite a few of them, so I can determine what kind of brews I wanna attempt.

Then to top it off I start speaking with the manager of the wine/beer department and it turns out he is a home brewer. Ended up talking with him for about 30 mins, made a friend and got some advice.

Then he informed me he just took over the department and plans on really building it up. Too cool !!! More Beers...

Anyone else have a WORLD MARKET store like mine.. :ban:

I've been frequenting mine in Omaha. I've tried nearly all of them that I can mix and match with. A few Grocery stores here have been doing the same thing. Its great for trying new styles.

I've just been buying 22oz'ers (are those "bombers" or "growlers," I've never known?). Don't have a World Market, but the *good* market (Whole Paycheck) has a great inventory. Get to try more styles, lots of great local product in this size, it's just the right size to share a glass with SWMBO, they are never twist-tops, and I much prefer using them for my own beers (half as many to clean and sanitize).

I work 35 miles from home, and there's one here in town, haven't been tho. Have to give it a try. My main place tho is called Friar Tuck. It's also here in the city I work in. SUPERB selection, I usually am in once a week picking up a mix-a-six and some singles... Huge bonus is they carry some HB stuff. Not a huge amount, but fairly decent, and with no LHBS where I live I can always head there during the work week...

Thanks for the head up, and enjoy those brews!!! :tank:

Ize

cool sounds like some of you know about this place or similar places that do the mix-a-six. I love that term...

yea, most of the bottles look to be reusable, which is cool...

I will enjoy this beer, others to be purchased and home brewed :D

the_bird said:
I've just been buying 22oz'ers (are those "bombers" or "growlers," I've never known?).
those are bombers...
growlers are usually half-gallon or gallon...more like jugs than bottles.

BrewProject said:
Celis - Raspberry
Sierra Nevada - Wheat Beer
Buffalo Bill - Pumpkin Ale
Rogue - Dead Guy Ale
New Belgium - Skinny Dip
Pyramid - Hefe Weizen

Out of the six I picked up the Sierra Nevada Wheat Beer and the Pyramid Hefe Weizen were my favorites.

The Celis Raspberry was very tart with a giant head on it. So much head in fact it bubbled over when i popped the bottle open. I look forward to trying a different brand of Raspberry...

The Pumpkin Ale had a very nice ginger/cinnamon/pumpkin flavor. Nice body to it. look forward to brewing something like this someday.

The Skinny Dip and Dead Guy Ale were both more full bodied and bitter. Not my favorite, but still good beers.

Gonna have to get over to World Market for some more samples :D :rockin:

I have a World Market down the street from me. The beer selection is ok but Total Wine has a lot more. Their wine selection was a lot better than the beer selection.

yea, my World Market has a much larger wine selection than beer also. But the beer section offers much more than anything else i have found thus far...

You can sometimes clean up on a beer or soda that is good but the average Joe doesn't buy it. Got good deals on stuff they were closing out.

In the past I got...
All Sprecher sodas @ .50 per bottle. (normally can't get this in AZ)
Also found the last remaining bottles (Schwarz) of a recently defunct local micro Rio Salado.

Sometimes they have deals on swing top lemonades and sodas for you bottlers.

I've been buying those swing-top lemonade bottles left and right from the grocery store, 25oz for $2.50. Figure a swing-top bottle itself is worth what, buck, buck and half at the HBS, these are a little bigger than what they sell (the perfect size, IMHO), so the lemondade (which is pretty tasty) only really costs me like fifty cents or a buck. Thankfully, SWMBO agrees with me, and appreciated me spending all that money on lemonade!

i like World Market, but i find that many of their beers can be found cheaper at Trader Joe's if it is nearby. Although, i believe World Market's selection is much broader.

We've got a World Market here in Sioux Falls and I drive by it nearly everyday but I had no idea they had good beer in there! I know where I'm going after work today! lol

iggy_fenton said:
We've got a World Market here in Sioux Falls and I drive by it nearly everyday but I had no idea they had good beer in there! I know where I'm going after work today! lol

cool, check it out...

i went again today and picked up another mix-a-six...

Negra Modelo
Pyramid Apricot Weizen
Abita Purple Haze
New Belgium Blue Paddle
Bridgeport IPA
and a
Anchor Porter

Back