Cabellas Boil Pots

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Looks just like my King Cooker 60 qt Aluminum pot. Works great.

Strainer basket is useless though. Just more clutter in my garage.

Ive got the 9 gal stainless pot from cab. It seems to be good, ive yet to use it though. It doesn't have a really heavy bottom though, i hope it doesn't cause me any issues. Other than that nice quality stainless and comes with a big basket that will never get used im sure. LOL

My SWMBO wanted me to do up a batch of corn in mine already, im a little hesitant to cook anything other than beer in it, i would hate to come out with corn flavored beer. LOL
Im not sure of the gauge of the stainless, although i know the Alum ones are Much thicker which doesn't surprise me, i dont suspect that i will have too much of an issue with mine, it would be nice to have the thick bottom like some pots and pans have but im sure i would have had to shell out a lot for that and im trying to keep it semi cheap. LOL I posted some pics of my brew pot on here under a post if you wanted to search for it, if you were interested.

Like Zach said, looks a little thin, they don't seem to give the gauge, maybe the're not proud of it. but I don't know. That's really high if it is thin. You might try a restaurant supply.
Stock Pots - Cookware from Central Restaurant

luck

I have a gift certificate to Cabellas and was hoping to use that. They just built one not too far from me so I think I'll take a ride up there and check it out in person.

40 bucks at my local restaurant supply got me a rubber spatula, and a 7 gallon aluminum pot

Sams Club had a 60QT Aluminum for less than $50 on their site. Mine was $58 shipped.

Edit: Just got here today!
n307400052_64084_7609.jpg

Side by side with the old one...
n307400052_64085_4240.jpg

It's pretty damn big. That black cat is pretty large, the picture makes him look tiny.

Back