Not-So-Obnoxious Baseball Thread

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Im gonna check in as a Twins fan, its gonna be another rough season for us I think. At least we have a nice stadium I can go to, that serves Summit. :mug:

I'm a recent xplant and have only been to maybe 3-4 games. They sell Surly anywhere? If they do, I'd assume its like $18 for a can (or tap) :rolleyes:

Just so everyone knows, this is the year that Da Cubbies go all the way with the new management and new team. Maybe we can learn what those Red Sox learned a few years ago. GO CUBBIES!!!!:ban:

Just so everyone knows, this is the year that Da Cubbies go all the way with the new management and new team. Maybe we can learn what those Red Sox learned a few years ago. GO CUBBIES!!!!:ban:

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!

Thanks, dude. I needed a good laugh!

;):D

Glad the Astros are still in NL Central so I can see the Crew come to town. Looking to get to all the games this year.

Yu is pitching today!!! And finally it's on tv. There has not been one game shown in our area since spring training started. MLB is carrying the game today. I have the dvr set and will watch when I get home! Go RANGERS!!!!!

Wanted to say hello to all in this thread, and also was curious if anyone uses the mlb app on their PS3, and if they liked it; I am considering paying for the subscription this year.

Wanted to say hello to all in this thread, and also was curious if anyone uses the mlb app on their PS3, and if they liked it; I am considering paying for the subscription this year.

Hola from a SF fan (prepare for doom), and the MLB subscription has its ups and downs so far.

Ups: free app on iPad, iPhone & Android devices with a premium subscription (plus a few others I can't remember off the top of my head...). Can't complain there since it saves me $15 compared to last season.

Downs: I bought it earlier in the month after reading that they had Xbox 360 on board, but as of today (March 14), Microsoft has yet to release the MLB app on its marketplace, and the rumor is that Xbox will launch mid-month (thought still no confirmed date according to MLB).

Yeah, it's pre-season, but dammit: I want my beisbol! :cross:

Now with Fielder batting for the Tigs, I might try and watch more games.

If the Wings don't get their sht together soon I'll have nothing to do in a few weeks anyway.

Now with Fielder batting for the Tigs, I might try and watch more games.

If the Wings don't get their sht together soon I'll have nothing to do in a few weeks anyway.

Went to a Phillies / Tigs game last week. Fielder was a no-show. Cabrera and the rest of the gang played into the 6th. Porcello was on the mound for you guys (against Cliff Lee!) and looked good.

Can. Not. Wait.

Went to the Cubs D'backs Cactus league game yesterday. I don't know much about the Cubs, but if that was any indication they are in for more of what they are so used to already. :D

I will now formally check in as a Rays fan. And a D'backs fan second.

Checking in as a Yankees fan! If we can finally get a (decent) pitching staff, watch out!

To all the Pirates fans: Enjoy AJ........

sorry bernie, just plugging for my team. I really don't care who meets the phillies in the series the AL can fight it out among themselves.

I'm calling Tigers / Phillies in October. You heard it here first.

But until then, Rays will beat up on the Eastern Div, starting Friday night when Big Game James will captain a rompin stompin on the Janks in St. Pete.

(and good luck to the Tigs tommorow afternoon, please sweep the Sox; we'll see you guys Monday, Porcello against our rookie ace Matt Moore).

Since I don't watch any other sport, I'm pumped!

Welp, Go Rays!

I am camping this weekend, so I will set my team up for the fantasy league as best I can beforehand. Although it seems like 9/10 of my guys have some injury listed and that they are "probable" for their opener. Doesn't look good at all. lol

sorry bernie, just plugging for my team. I really don't care who meets the phillies in the series the AL can fight it out among themselves.

I beg to differ. Let's Go Mets!

(even I laughed at that)

well I guess it will be rangers vs phillies in October then.:D

I'm good with this. A chance to beat cliff Lee's ass is always welcome!

Ok. The Crew is already eliminated and they haven't played yet. Guess I don't need to watch any games this year.

Don't feel bad. They had a good run last year. But I don't see another in your future! hahahaha Just kidding! God I love baseball!

I'm good with this. A chance to beat cliff Lee's ass is always welcome!

Don't feel bad. They had a good run last year. But I don't see another in your future! hahahaha Just kidding! God I love baseball!

if your lucky enough to get passed lee you still have to get by halliday and hammels. damn what a tough rotation.

I live in Oregon and will be going to a three day Giants homestand against the Dodgers. Three day guys trip all within walking distance of the stadium. Of course I will be taking some homebrew to share with my California friends. Good times, can't wait.

Couple odd baseball questions.

First one: Has any ball player ever been called out on a base and just flat out refused to believe the ump. Going so far as not leaving the base even after called out. Like have to be physically removed from the bag. Would be hilarious.

Second one: Can you refuse 1st base if your hbp. Didn't Albert Bell do this once? He was plugged then refused 1st base and stayed in the batters box.

This time....a baseball riddle.

A minor league umpire told this to me several years ago.

What is the most amount of pitches that a batter can see without ever offering at a pitch in one at bat until he either walks or strikes out?

Latest posts

Back