Grain mill hopper

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hammer one

Reaction score
My new JSP malt mill got here today. I got the barebones with the adjustable roller. I'm going to have to build a hopper and would like to see what others have done. If you could share some pics or ideas that would be great. Thanks

For now, I use a square 2.5 gallon water jug with the bottom cut out. I left the handle on it so I can stabilize it with it. I plan on using a 5 gallon water jug eventually... mount a piece of wood over the top the existing hopper and drill a hole in the center for the neck of the water jug.

Unless someone throws a better idea out there I'm going to build the hopper out of plexiglass for the slanted sides and plywood for the vertical. I'll need it to be big enough to hold grain for 10 gal batches

Hammer
I just got a barley crusher with a 7lb hopper. I just fill it twice, no big deal. Theirs is made from sheet aluminum, riveted together.

plexiglass with a hole to fit the ...
kind of took the idea from this guy- Motorized Grain Mill « Beer & Brewing From Dave
IMG_3890.jpg

Dose the grain spread out across the rollers? or is it just crushing under the spout?

Latest posts

Back